• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kaino going to Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well the All Blacks have lost Jerome Kaino, he's announced he off to Japan at end of year, and with shoulder injury keeping him out of S15, we probably won't see him play in this part of world. A bloody good player, who at 28 has decided he needs to put family first, so although I sad to see him go ,I wish him all the best.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's a big loss to the ABs. He was arguably your best player in the RWC.

It certainly provides a boost to Adam Thomson's test career.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Well the All Blacks have lost Jerome Kaino, he's announced he off to Japan at end of year, and with shoulder injury keeping him out of S15, we probably won't see him play in this part of world. A bloody good player, who at 28 has decided he needs to put family first, so although I sad to see him go ,I wish him all the best.

No 'probably' about it in my mind. While a lot of people talked about McCaw and the rising star in Read, Kaino was the flippin' rock in that backrow for the last 2 years.

Sad to see him go but stoked that he's not leaving as one of those guys who had huge potential but never fully realised.

Oh....and I think Messam might give Thompson a run for his money at the AB jersey. Vito will push his case as well.....

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Messam - I'd love to see it, personally I think the guy is crap and goes missing in a forwards battle too often. Thomson and Vito on the other hand..

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Messam - I'd love to see it, personally I think the guy is crap and goes missing in a forwards battle too often. Thomson and Vito on the other hand..

Can't say I agree with that on Messam, I've had him in my fantasy team & as such have paid close attention to him, he does plenty of carries & makes lots of ground.

I do agree however that Vito & Thomson are also right up there as well. Lots of options for the backrow for NZ.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Of course he's a good fantasy player, loves a run wide but there's no scoring stats for rucks hit.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
A real shame for the All Blacks, very important player and you can really tell when he's unavailable. When Diggers did pretty much our only good thing against the All Blacks in the WC Semi my memory is of Kaino basically picking up the moving ball of players and throwing them to ground. A monster.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep Gwert,I with you on Messam, I a real Thomson fan, but I have a feeling "step up Vito", think he will give a good balance with McCaw and Read.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Wonder whether the prognosis on the shoulder is quite bad and he is after filling his boots in the time he has left. Cracking player! There will be some Ulster men crying into their cornflakes this morning, they thought it was a done deal; don't worry, they won't get baited too much by all the Leinster, Munster and Connacht fans:)!!!

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
The most dangerous player in the ABs last year for me and good news for us if he's gone frankly, though I'll miss watching his staggeringly strong play.

And yeah his stoppage of Digby was to me a pivotal moment in the Cup.

N

Newter

I think you will see McCaw move into the AB 6 jersey and the next 7 talent brought in to be developed.

Nah. There are no outstanding Kiwi 7s after McCaw. Lots of great workers but nobody truly talented. Never weaken one position to strengthen another!

They'll put Vito at 6 for sure.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Nah. There are no outstanding Kiwi 7s after McCaw. Lots of great workers but nobody truly talented.

I'm not suggesting he is in any way ready for an All Black call-up, but plenty of people believe young Sam Cane is 'truly talented'.

N

Newter

I'm not suggesting he is in any way ready for an All Black call-up, but plenty of people believe young Sam Cane is 'truly talented'.

Yeah he was dominant at the U20s World Cup, but as a blindside. His size isn't an advantage at Super rugby level, and he hasn't been getting a start at the Chiefs. Maybe in time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cane played 7, Shields was the 6.

Shields is the most promising out of Cane and Whitelock I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.