• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I don't refuse to watch the show because I hold a grudge against geerob, I don't watch it because I don't like the agenda she pushes... Tabloid journalism is petty and I question her journalistic integrity and ability to report factually and without bias.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I'd like to think that's true, although I would think the ARU would have a few things to say about that. It would be very easy for the ARU to avoid a lot of controversy by not selecting Hunt. I'm probably jumping the gun talking about the possibility of test selection but its interesting to hypothesise

Hah we're talking about the same ARU who just offered Beale a new contract right?

T

TOCC

Not really, newspapers are easy, I can just stop reading the article... Unfortunately I don't have the ability to fast forward on my Foxtel.. Maybe that's something I should invest in

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'm just amazed people still watch the rugby club. Haven't for 2 years, what did I miss?

Edit: Sorry, i did catch about 15 mins of the replay before the first game of the season so just remembered I'm not missing anything. Sort of like the last 15 pages of this thread.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
One thing about all this is rather confusing. I realize we have scant information in regards to the details here, however it is being reported that Khunt was charged/summonsed in relation to the supply of a dangerous drug. It is also being reported that some of the others implicated have been charged with possession as well.
Now, can someone with legal knowledge explain to me how someone can be charged with supply without actually possessing any of the substance they have been accused of supplying. Surely a charge of supply must accompany a charge of possession.

In most jurisdictions "agreeing to supply" = "supply". So it would be possible to be involved in the supply of illicit drugs without having possession. I have no idea whether or not this applies in this particular case.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm just amazed people still watch the rugby club. Haven't for 2 years, what did I miss?

Edit: Sorry, i did catch about 15 mins of the replay before the first game of the season so just remembered I'm not missing anything. Sort of like the last 15 pages of this thread.

I'm sort of with you. I watch it sporadically, it's certainly not on my "much watch" list. Sometimes I completely forget it is on, sometimes I watch the start and if I'm not interested in what thay're talking about I might turn it off, other times I catch the last bit.

I find that some of the programme is fantastic and gives great analysis and some of it borders on infantile banter and humourless antics.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Think the academic excellence bit is a touch of bs, look at all the top league schools in the country (many are associated with a NRL club or two) and then compare them to hsc results. I had a lot of friends that went to endeavour sports that played league, nearly all of them were in a special class called "team class" which involved doing the absolute minimum for them to stay enrolled in high school and meant the did not receive a uai/atar. I imagine the same could be said about keebra park, Westfield, hills and palm beach currumbine etc. I expect some of the semi private catholic schools would be a bit more academic driven though

I've no doubt that some embellishment takes place but nephew was at that time going to a Decile 4 school, had he ended up in the Warriors, Broncos or a Sydney Club system he'd have gone to a D2 or at least a D3.

Interestingly Manly & another Sydney club (Tigers or Dragons, can't recall which) on learning wifey & I were in Brisbane indicated that he could be placed in their Queensland feeder setup: wouldn't have been feasible for him to live with us but at least we'd have been only a 30-45 minute drive away & be able to provide some kind of regular family contact.

Not trying to say the Clubs are entirely altruistic, but it's in their interest for the kids they sign to be as settled as possible & based on what I know - a single case, sure, but I see no reason why it wouldn't have been typical - I think they take their duty of care seriously if only for ultimately selfish reasons.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ for sure, for the Clubs it's a business investment, they expect a ROI but is our game any different? Or any other pro sport for that matter? Had nephew had a potential Shaun Johnson rather than a (now actual) Sam Kasiano body type (& skill set), who knows which Super Rugby outfit(s) would've gone after him and whether they'd have taken their duty of care any more or less seriously than the RL clubs do.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^ yeah, story has been updated & now speculates #8 might be former Titans & current Hull player Steve Michaels. Getting almost as hard to keep with the (at least probable) facts as the outright rumours.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I've no doubt that some embellishment takes place but nephew was at that time going to a Decile 4 school, had he ended up in the Warriors, Broncos or a Sydney Club system he'd have gone to a D2 or at least a D3.

Interestingly Manly & another Sydney club (Tigers or Dragons, can't recall which) on learning wifey & I were in Brisbane indicated that he could be placed in their Queensland feeder setup: wouldn't have been feasible for him to live with us but at least we'd have been only a 30-45 minute drive away & be able to provide some kind of regular family contact.

Not trying to say the Clubs are entirely altruistic, but it's in their interest for the kids they sign to be as settled as possible & based on what I know - a single case, sure, but I see no reason why it wouldn't have been typical - I think they take their duty of care seriously if only for ultimately selfish reasons.

For sure I think the NRL clubs do a pretty damn good job with their relocated juniors etc in everything but the education department, although I've seen in the past 5 years they have made a notable improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.