• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kings vs Highlanders Sat 11th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Highlanders have just been reffed out of the game here. Kings have been joining mauls in front of the carrier and flopping over their own rucks but the Highlanders are the only ones getting pinged...

11-3 penalty count.

Great last try Kings..

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Oh.. did I mention, Colin Slade.. terrible. 7 easily kickable points gone... The point difference at the moment.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
i don't know what was worse, the Highlanders bar the last 12 mins, or that pathetic refereeing display

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
More of the same from the Highlanders. Extremely disappointing. These new assistant coaches have got a lot to answer for this year. Supposedly brought in for skills and the back line and they've both been abysmal. Completely unorganized, running sideways. The only time we look dangerous is with Ellison and Smith, sometimes Treeby.

As for the forwards, a lot of them are just not up to it. Quite frankly, Tony Woodcock cannot be an All Black this year. I don't know a front rower that goes to the deck anywhere near as often as he does, even Crockett does it less. Josh Bekhuis isn't a rugby player, he's one of those guys that gets picked because he's 2 metres tall and then learns to play afterwards. He doesn't know how to control his limbs. I could go on for ever. What a frustrating year.

Well played to the Kings, they were always going to be up for it this week. The bookies prices for this game were just insane.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
H'Landers were sure shit tonight, but I thought it was good to see Hore being the exception and starting to play well. I agree with you ACR on what the hell McLeod and Preston have supposedly done with that backline!!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Lourens Van Der Merwe is another of the Saffer refs who seems to be "Rabbit in the headlights? default to Home team!"

Still, experience is something you get right after you need it...

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Lourens Van Der Merwe
Yes, he's shocking. I've watched numerous games of his (with the majority of the decisions going my team's way) just feeling frustrated/embarrassed. The younger, less experienced refs should possibly gain their experience in "neutral" fixtures rather than "non-neutral".

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lourens Van Der Merwe is another of the Saffer refs who seems to be "Rabbit in the headlights? default to Home team!"

Still, experience is something you get right after you need it.
He is the idiot who told the force to use the ball from the maul against the kings so they scored a try and he calls no try...and dont get me started on that idiot Angus Gardner how he gets a game i will never know.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
t
Highlanders have just been reffed out of the game here. Kings have been joining mauls in front of the carrier and flopping over their own rucks but the Highlanders are the only ones getting pinged.

11-3 penalty count.

Great last try Kings..
As a South African I am almost reluctant to say good for you some of their own medicine but it won't be very sporting so......

Japhta did the same thing keeping the Kings in the game vs the Sharks. I do not want to point at any conspiracy theories but you must remember the Kings decision to replace the Lions was more of a political one.............

So......

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't mind jafta usually but this weekend was a bit sketchy. But when you play as shit as the highlanders did your going to get the wrong end of the stick

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't mind jafta usually but this weekend was a bit sketchy. But when you play as shit as the highlanders did your going to get the wrong end of the stick
The Highlander are not playing that shit. Just the link between good clean ruck ball and finishing off their attacks is eating Susi and banging Japanese twins in Japan and the Highlanders are unable to find someone to do that job that Thompson did.

I do enjoy when SA teams beat teams abroad no matter if its the Kings playing or whoever but we are also brought up to compete in a fair environment and winning like this leave a sour taste in any fans mouth.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
You honestly don't think tha tit was blatant cheating though do you? and in any case i dont think it was that bad, mistakes were made but i dont think it was due to a biased nature

Status
Not open for further replies.