• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
T

Tip

So he's getting a 40k fine for sending a picture of a obese, naked woman with a caption "Di" to everyone in his team, including the woman herself.

That's cool. Move along people.

The big incoming shitstorm is when Chieka picks Beale at 12 and leaves Cooper out of the team for the next 5 games.

matt james

Stan Wickham (3)
I get so angry reading Rebecca Wilson's articles.
It is now accepted that Beale sent a picture of an obese naked woman with Di's name attached to Di.
Wilson considered this a "silly schoolboy prank had gone awry". Bullshit.
I fail to see how you can trivialise what Beale sent to the extent that people clearly have. Coupled with his past history this latest incident surely should have been enough to terminate his ARU contract or at the very least suspend him from the current touring party.
He is a lucky lucky man

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Article written by Rebecca Wilson. Love her expertise:

To my mind, Pulver’s handling of this mess suggests he needs more experience as a chief executive in order to fulfil his role.

T

Train Without a Station

So he sent the message, with the pic, labelling it "Di"? But somebody else said "who wants to have a go at fucking this?". Fuck me, I'm pretty sure the first one was just as offensive as the second. To draw a difference between the 2 makes a mockery of the supposed standards they claim to hold.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm not sure about that. From the footage on the news all the players were at the airport and he was asked questions as he was standing in the departures hall. From what I saw on the news he didn't say anything that anyone could construe as either criticising the process or criticising the victim/s.

Really anyone trying to find fault in what he said is doing just that - trying to find a fault. Plenty of things haven't been done well in this whole fiasco, this isn't one of them.

Hey QH, thanks for clarifying. I didn't see the footage, just read the print.

Look I'm not overly critical of Foley and wasn't of Hooper (put it down to lack of experience and poor choice of words), but with this latest development I can guarantee everyone will be singing from the same song sheet from now on......

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So he sent the message, with the pic, labelling it "Di"? But somebody else said "who wants to have a go at fucking this?". Fuck me, I'm pretty sure the first one was just as offensive as the second. To draw a difference between the 2 makes a mockery of the supposed standards they claim to hold.

TWAS - we've had a few disagreements lately, but trust me when I say:

I am as gobsmacked as you are about this. And more than a little shitty.

But this was predicted as soon as the words "70 page submission" popped up in the news feeds.

This was never about proving Kurtley "innocent" - it was about lowering the standard of all those around him until he didn't look like shit any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.