• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lot of comment on here was that Beale should go after supposedly sending text after June episode. And myself had concluded if that was the case yes he should go. Now shown to tribunal he did not actually send the text. So what is disappointing with what that new evidence people are not supporting the process and tribunal decision and indeed acknowledging they were crucifying Beale without knowing the full story.

I am prepared to give the tribunal more credit that they acted on far more information to consider than many posters on here have who have not acknowledged critical new information presented that Beale did not send text second time round.

Beale screwed up in June, has been punished, and if does anything dumb like this again is history. Time to move on. We have had a process and a result based on evidence presented.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
hate to say it but sounds as though the tribunal findings didn't support a termination of his contract. I hope the ARU actually remember this issue when they are sitting around the negotiation table. fuck me any fool can see he's not worth breaking the bank over. Spend the money bringing back Ben Mowen instead

You aren't taking into account the coach factor. Cheika said he wouldn't publicly comment on the Beale issue but there were way to many media reports siggesting before and after he was signed that Cheika wanted him. I'm going to suggest this was a large factor in the decision.

Beale is a protected species. What a joke.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well, Izzy will be happy and the ARU can breathe a sigh of relief on his behalf.
The process is complete and the outcome is.......... the outcome.
A little more transparency now may be beneficial for the ARU if it was all legit.

Mortal Wombat

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fans have a right to ask if other Wallabies were sending the texts around to each other, which is sexual harassment or evidence of a hostile work environment, even if they're not sending them directly to the person in question.

The whole thing is bush league arse covering, from Pulver on down.

That said, as long as Beale doesn't play any more test matches this year, I think he's payed his debt and should be accepted back.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Nothing short of winning the RWC will justify the recent goings on at ARU HQ. The price that's been paid however is questionable in terms of that reward IMO.
Its been a sordid affair from the get go and the situation made worse by some of the most disgusting so called journalism I have ever read.
We are really no more 'in the know" than when we before the hearing as to what transpired except for the admission that Beale sent the first text.

R Wilson continues to concentrate her bile at McKenzie and Patson suggesting they are to blame for all that has transpired and their stories "didnt add up", backed up by no more than a comment from Beale to Cheika over coffee in June to the effect that Beale discussed all this with Link after it happened, and some phone records that "didn't match up". Whatever that means and how that is further proof that Mckenzie did discuss the issue with Beale, I cannot fathom. Someone is lying, however we will never know who.

I guess that's the price you pay however when you go incommunicado the way Link has. He has chosen not to defend himself publicly, which is his choice and quite possibly the right way to deal with all this rubbish. However it does let the opportunist journos with their lists of unnamed sources run riot and further their agenda unfettered. There may be no agenda as some suggest, however if it smells like fish and tastes like fish, well, all in all its not a good look.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Bill Pulver just announced that the contract negotiations with Beale will start again immediately. He confirmed Beale is able to be selected for test rugby straight away, and will be contacting Cheika as soon as he's able to see if he (Cheika) wants Beale to join the touring party.

Bill knows how to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds deosn't he?;)

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Fans have a right to ask if other Wallabies were sending the texts around to each other, which is sexual harassment or evidence of a hostile work environment, even if they're not sending them directly to the person in question.

The whole thing is bush league arse covering, from Pulver on down.

That said, as long as Beale doesn't play any more test matches this year, I think he's payed his debt and should be accepted back.
I think he is a great player and someone who can be a match winner. He has proven to be one in SA for the Wallabies when you beat us in Bloemfontein in the not too distant past.

Cheika is probably the best person to bring the best out of him which could very well be the tonic Beale requires to settle down and grow up.

I'm just not sure the end result here is good for Australian rugby or rugby in general. We certainly do not want to bring this kind of behaviour into our sport and for me it feels his punishment is not severe enough.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
An accusation was made against Beale and it turns out it wasn't entirely proven. That's why. FFS, don't believe everything you read.

Were you telling everyone to not believe everything they read when the accusation around relationships and work history were spread? FFS don't be a fucking hypocrit.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
One would hope than an investigation conducted by a magistrate would have been conducted fairly, objectively, transparently and complies with all requirements of natural justice with the pitchforks, torches and tin foil hats left at the door.

$45000 is not a slap on the wrist. When was the last time you paid $45000 for anything?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
How many of us have done or said worse about a woman in our employ, a co-worker or a good sort at the pub?

Sorry, how does that justify anything?

Have we all at some time been an arsehole to a women? Yeah probably.

But that doesn't make it right or justifiable, adults regret their past errors.

The other reality is that public figures will be expected to meet higher expectations than the lowest common denominator as they are representing the sponsors.

It is why the clean cut Folau is cleaning up with 3rd party sponsorships and others are struggling to find them.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I think he is a great player and someone who can be a match winner. He has proven to be one in SA for the Wallabies when you beat us in Bloemfontein in the not too distant past.

Cheika is probably the best person to bring the best out of him which could very well be the tonic Beale requires to settle down and grow up.

I'm just not sure the end result here is good for Australian rugby or rugby in general. We certainly do not want to bring this kind of behaviour into our sport and for me it feels his punishment is not severe enough.

So you think he can grow up when things go his way? Sorry, bit that is not growing up at all. That is being a child.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nothing short of winning the RWC will justify the recent goings on at ARU HQ. The price that's been paid however is questionable in terms of that reward IMO.
Its been a sordid affair from the get go and the situation made worse by some of the most disgusting so called journalism I have ever read.
We are really no more 'in the know" than when we before the hearing as to what transpired except for the admission that Beale sent the first text.

R Wilson continues to concentrate her bile at McKenzie and Patson suggesting they are to blame for all that has transpired and their stories "didnt add up", backed up by no more than a comment from Beale to Cheika over coffee in June to the effect that Beale discussed all this with Link after it happened, and some phone records that "didn't match up". Whatever that means and how that is further proof that Mckenzie did discuss the issue with Beale, I cannot fathom. Someone is lying, however we will never know who.

I guess that's the price you pay however when you go incommunicado the way Link has. He has chosen not to defend himself publicly, which is his choice and quite possibly the right way to deal with all this rubbish. However it does let the opportunist journos with their lists of unnamed sources run riot and further their agenda unfettered. There may be no agenda as some suggest, however if it smells like fish and tastes like fish, well, all in all its not a good look.
Links were something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing here):

"I won't discuss it here, there will be a chapter in my book about it."

So yes, he has walked the moral high ground to some degree but he has also ensured more interest in his book.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
, the ARU just slapped Beale on the wrist

How does a $45,000 fine qualify as a slap on the wrist?

If as many on this thread assert that criminal behaviour has taken place - when was the last time a Magistrate's Court imposed a fine of $45,000 for an offence against the telecommunications act?

Did you ever stop to think that the District Court judge who presided over the tribunal might have imposed what he thought was the appropriate penalty, taking into account the actual evidence presented? As opposed to what people on these threads think - none of whom I presume have actually seen any or all of the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.