• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Le Tour 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Evans ahead by 40sec by now. Frank beating Andy haha, bad day to be a Schleck. Contador looking at possible 2nd now.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Great effort by another Australian, Richie Porte to finish fifth, we will hear a lot more from him in the future as he is a relative newcomer...

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Congrats Cadel, you stood up when no one thought you would. Although part of a weaker team you showed characteristics of a champion, you have done a massive deal for Australian cycling not only this tours but in past tours and for that they should be forever thankful. Well done buddy, enjoy the spoils, they are well deserved.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
BMC did much better than the team Cadel had last time (of course Cadel has an injury last time too). I knew the Schlecks were not good in the TT but I'm surprised given how well Andy did in the TT last year. Cadel flogged that TT, what a way to win it.

The reliable 'diesel engine' wins!

lonhro10

Frank Nicholson (4)
Brilliant...smoked them today..pure determination..I've watched this for years and never thought aus could win this...special

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Legend. Back up cyclo's call of him going down as one of Australia's great sportsman. Undoubtedly this will be the best sporting performance by an Australian this year possibly this decade.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What a performance and what an achievement. He absolutely tore the field a new one today and looked in a great rhythm from the start. But really he set it up in the previous two stages in the mountains and carried the attack to the others more or less single handedly. Utterly heroic in the last week.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Cadel made history today. A true legend of the sport of cycling and sport is general. Makes me proud to be Australian. As soon as he passed Schleck's time, my 2 boys and I were jumping up and down in the lounge room, and cheering him on. We're heading down to the Seine tomorrow to welcome him to Paris. Can't wait.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
i'm half tempted to jump on a train and head to Paris tomorrow...It's only about 6 hours. If only I weren't an impoverished student.

What a hero

D

daz

Massive for Cadel and the Australian cycling community. I've been held utterly spell-bound by the tour this year and these guys are seriously hard-core athletes.

This win ranks up there with the best of them in any sport and he is now a true legend of Australian sport.

Proud as fucking punch for you Cadel. Great stuff mate.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I am so proud of Cadel. Almost shed a tear of joy when he put on that yellow jersey.

This is the biggest individual sporting achievement in Australian history.

Once again, I am so proud

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Andy Schleck shattered obviously but paid credit to Cadel, good to hear I like the Schlecks but they were a bit full of it early on, nice to see them redeem themselves by paying credit to Cadel. Would love to see Cadel do it again but Andy had got to go close for next year. Looking forward to perhaps the entry of an Aussie team next year which I believe is in the pipe works.

Status
Not open for further replies.