• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Le Tour 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Great recovery by Cadel on the last climb with no help from the peleton. 4 mins behind A Schleck at the base then down to almost 2 mins by the finish. Hopefully he can keep on Andy's wheel tomorrow, which should be more feasible as the stage is about half the distance of today's. Down to four horse race now of Voeckler, the Schlecks and Cadel with Contador seemingly too far behind.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I have an interest in this, but no idea what is going on.

Was talking to a couple of guys on twitter last night, and tonight's stage should be a good one?

Who would be up for running a live chat, so all you guys who know what is going on can fill in the gaps for n00bs like me (and any others with interest)?

Would be like the ones we run for games...

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Timmsy, tonight's stage is the iconic L'Alpe d'Huez, where a lot of riders fortunes have been won and lost over the years. Crunch time for mine. If Evans gets within striking distance at the end of this stage, he's got the individual time trial on Saturday night, where he is better than most of his rivals. Great move by Andy Schleck last night, but he'd still be worried that the Peloton made up plenty of ground after his breakaway.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I reckon I have 2-3 days in early August to do a nice ride in Europe. Anyone intersted? Just putting it out there.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I could be keen for that MrTimms but to be honest, the best person to listen to, to understand the race is Phil Liggett (the commentator with the English accent)

Love to come Gagger, probably a little too far to travel these days though. Are you back on the bike yet after your stack?

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
All we can hope is that Andy has destroyed himself for today. But he looked pretty good at the end of that climb so who knows..

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Yeah definatly think Frank is the darkhorse now.

Admittidely if Cadel doesn't win I'd rather it be one of the Schlek boys who does

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The commentators were saying last night that they'd predit a move tonight from Frank who conserved his energy while Andy ran himself into the ground, I dont know if Andy could do what he did again tonight but Frank could now. I guess BMC would have to be ready for a move like that now though, my fingers are crossed for Cadel, that was a massive effort he put in with the chase.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I could be keen for that MrTimms but to be honest, the best person to listen to, to understand the race is Phil Liggett (the commentator with the English accent)

Love to come Gagger, probably a little too far to travel these days though. Are you back on the bike yet after your stack?

Yeah, been back for a while mate. Wouldn't know it from the calibre of my guns though. Hill in Richmond Park feeling like L'Alpe d'Huez

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have an interest in this, but no idea what is going on.

Was talking to a couple of guys on twitter last night, and tonight's stage should be a good one?

Who would be up for running a live chat, so all you guys who know what is going on can fill in the gaps for n00bs like me (and any others with interest)?

Would be like the ones we run for games...

Have been using the website: http://www.teamsky.com/live/0,29822,21464,00.html for extra info whilst watching the live coverage, that may be of help to you ....

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Righto, watching.

If ypu see something of interest, like someone making a break or something strategical, let me know...

Sent from my transformer using tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.