• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Le Tour 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I also thought Wiggins did not look that good, maybe Niballi's comments about him were right. Cadel is looking strong though.

Anyone else happy to see Frank Schleck fall behind? I cannot stand him and his brother.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I also thought Wiggins did not look that good, maybe Niballi's comments about him were right. Cadel is looking strong though.

Anyone else happy to see Frank Schleck fall behind? I cannot stand him and his brother.
Not a Schleck fan either. Moment of the Tour last year was when they asked Cadel to help on a climb and he basically told them to fuck off.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
Great stage last night, although I must admit that it frustrates me to no end seeing the likes of Porte and Rogers driving Sky train up the mountain last night, much to the detriment of other Aussies, most notably Cadel (could potentially have attained yellow + a stage win). I can accept the Aussies like Cadel (leader for GC - BMC) and now Renshaw (sprint leader - Rabo?) as leaders of their respective teams but for riders like Porte and Rogers, I wish they could have followed people like O'Grady and joined the Aussie Orica-Greenedge team. I have been told Im too biased anyway so don't bother reading this, just need to vent my frustration somewhere. Great one tonight as well, looking forward to it!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Cadel well placed I reckon and that rather middling hill really blew apart the peloton last night. Sorted a few blokes out I reckon and probably took a toll on a few guys still hurting after the crashes.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Tonights stage looks to be gruesome for the riders. Seven climbs all around category 2/3. I can see the field become even more decimated. I wouldn't be suprised if Schleck or Van den Broeck make attacks to pull back time.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yep, there will be attacks tonight. I think Van den Broeck will be one of the first ones to try make up time, Basso and Sanchez will be in the same mind frame. Really hope Cadels team is there at the front tonight, he will need support.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
I think it is tough for riders like Basso, Nibali and Van den Broeck, given that their teams (Liquigas and Lotto respectively) have Sagan and Greipel competing very strongly for the green jersey. Lotto over the past week have looked to have the best lead out train for Greipel, as well as Orica-Greenedge for Goss. Well enough rambling for now, I suppose Cav goes alright in a team with Wiggins... Anyway Pierre Rolland is the tip for me today, supremely talented rider

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Pinot!!! Brilliant stage win, young rider holding off the tour's superstars. And his coaching directors animated reactions was priceless.

Cadel went for a break with van den Broeck but was pulled back, and managed to finish second in the stage.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Team Sky is clearly stronger than BMC. I hope the guys who are supposed to be supporting Evans pull something out of the bag for the Alps and Pyrenees.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Time trial time.

Tony Martin was the leader for most of the day (had to stop for flat tire) before Cancellara came and blitzed everyone else away. Sylvain Chavannel coming in second, but currently young BMC rider van Garden just pipped Cancellara's first check point time.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
And his second check point time.

If I was Cadel, I'd be hoping Mr van Garden was saving himself for riding for me in the mountains rather than riding for himself in the time trial. One job young fella and its not to impress the managers of other teams.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Cadel is really struggling here, Froome and Wiggins destroying him. Not looking very good at all, going to lose at least a minute here, may even slip behind Nibali.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Wiggins currently smoking Evans. 1.02 behind at the first time check point (about a third of the way in).

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
lol the main story tomorrow will be "what is Froome on?". Anyway, maybe it was just a good ride. Evans has a lot of work to do from here. Maybe forcing him to attack will make the tour more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.