• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Le Tour 2013 – Let’s get back on course

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G&GR News Bot

While Andy Schleck-my-balls pee’s himself over the two Individual Time Trials and Wiggins craps himself at the double Alp d’Huez climb then Ventoux, Alberto will be looking at the Penultimate stage, the loop around Annecy and up Semnoz as his chance. He had some great form at the back end of 2012′s season without a lot of help from his teammates.

Whether he is just happy to be taking an extended break to get well you can’t argue that that isn’t a smile on Cadel Evan’s face – the multifaceted form of this Tour will suit him. BMC have worked hard on the Team Time trial and will look to take some time on that stage. Chris Froome is showing as much personality as we can expect from him.
It didn’t take long for Team SKY to climb behind Froome for this Tour. I would too. The lack of time against the clock doesn’t suit Last years winner Wiggins. Froome showed last year he can hold off the likes of Evans and Schleck while dragging Wiggins up the steep climbs. If Team SKY can get a break on at anytime they will defend the lead in the exact same mode as last year. Work horses like Ritchie Porte and Simon Rogers will do a lot of work for Froome.
As someone said online Cav at his new team will be lucky to get over Alp d’Huez once, let alone twice in one day.
What do you think will be the deciding Stage. I am picking the Stage 20 – up the 10,7 kilometre-long climb at 8,5%. There isn’t a flat spot in that climb
The post Le Tour 2013 – Let’s get back on course appeared first on Green and Gold Cycling.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.