• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Army_Gav

For those who were there in 01, can anyone give me some examples of the chants the "Red Army" had?

I'm guessing a "LIONS" echo is one.

I've watched a couple of the highlights videos on YouTube, I can hear "Swing Low". That's all and good, but it's not England you flogs.

A

Army_Gav

Eg. "Your just another England", "Your just another England".

A nice double slap in the face.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
How about "Remember the Plantations!", that should sufficiently fuck them up as a playing group

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Can we get another general discussion thread about the way the group will operate? im interested to hear mooted stuff

A

Army_Gav

Can we get another general discussion thread about the way the group will operate? im interested to hear mooted stuff
In due course, it's something we are still working on. The most important thing at the moment, is getting the ARU the information they need. So far, from what I can tell, they are impressed.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Look forward to hearing more about the [insert name] supporters group. Great to hear that the ARU is supportive of your plans. Happy to help out if required.

A

Army_Gav

Look forward to hearing more about the [insert name] supporters group. Great to hear that the ARU is supportive of your plans. Happy to help out if required.
We need people in every city. More on this later.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Not sure where the previous Lions thread has gone but submitted that support for the Lions was waning a little. Started a poll on Munsterfans, 'should Irish players go on the next Lions tour?' Interestingly, the majority were in favour but there was still 30% who voted no. Wouldn't for a second claim it is remotely scientific but with the overwhelming unpopularity of all things Murdoch and the truely appaling economic situation in Europe, could well see this being the last lions tour. 2013 will certainly not see anything like the number of British and Irish tourists as there were in 2001. Sorry, this has ended up in completely the wrong place, Mods please feel free to move as you see fit.

Cutoutpass

Bob McCowan (2)
Is anything more happening with this troup? I've only heard about it now and I'm really keen to be a part of it, but it's been over a year since any discussion as far as I can tell.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Disappointing kronic, but not entirely unexpected. Be prepared for Stadia to be covered in Red chanting fans with the travellers feeling like they were playing at home.

So much for home town advantage. Seems that the powers are only interested in the mighty $ and nothing else.

If they want $, then turn the power off on the Hot water cylinders in the Lions Changing rooms. Take out every second light bulb in their changing rooms. Get one ply dunny roll in the crappers, better still how about 180 grit sandpaper. That would save some money.

Re-assign the Bus Driver from the 7am Sydney Bus 506 route to the City as the Tour Driver to the Lions.

That is how you make them feel that they are the Away Team.:)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Not sure where the previous Lions thread has gone but submitted that support for the Lions was waning a little. Started a poll on Munsterfans, 'should Irish players go on the next Lions tour?' Interestingly, the majority were in favour but there was still 30% who voted no. Wouldn't for a second claim it is remotely scientific but with the overwhelming unpopularity of all things Murdoch and the truely appaling economic situation in Europe, could well see this being the last lions tour. 2013 will certainly not see anything like the number of British and Irish tourists as there were in 2001. Sorry, this has ended up in completely the wrong place, Mods please feel free to move as you see fit.
This Lions tour will have more British and Irish fans than ever before, yes the recession is hitting them hard. I know that most of the Irish fans from the World Cup still have not returned home and are planning on staying as long as possible in Australia and New Zealand. Most did there year in NZ and are now doing there 2 years in OZ. They may want to go home, but even there Parents are telling them they are not allowed to come home as they won't find any decent work.

You will still get all the older fans who go on all the tours.

Munster fans you will always get the few that say they shouldn't from Cork, after all it is one of the area of Ireland that hate all things British.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
when is the Australian team being announced or has the squad just been picked? sorry i've been out of the loop.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
when is the Australian team being announced or has the squad just been picked? sorry i've been out of the loop.
Not really the right thread to be asking that question. Try the Wallabies Watch on the Rugby Discussion Thread.

This thread is more for discussing what the supporters will be doing during the Lions Tour.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Which is bound to be SFA. Maybe we'll just post pre-game meet ups here. We all know zero will happen inside the stadiums.

And we've been cut off at the knees for the Rebels tour game.

F**king ARU.

Status
Not open for further replies.