• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Man Make-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL

Frank Nicholson (4)
Man make-up advertising during the Wallabies / France match ?
Promoted in the chat by the commentators ?
Really ??

Sorry, but make-up, hair products and snake oil for skin is for girls and having Dove and the like
advertising during an international match is like screaming out to the world that rugby is for men
of an alternative sexual orientation.

"Geeze Izzy, your skin is so smooth and shiny - want to go out for a raspberry vodka cruiser after the game ?"
"Sorry two dads, I'm conditioning my hair - it gets sooooo dry."

No wonder the League world thinks Union is soft..
What happened to all the good beer ads ?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What happened to all the good beer ads ?

I am sure that you mean good beer ads, and not good beer ads.

Vale Ale is good beer but their ads aren't as good as offerings from CUB who produce good ads for bad beer.

T

Train Without a Station

VB ads were once almost good enough to encourage one to try that putrid liquid.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I bet 80% of the Wallabies use male 'beauty' products. Helps keep their scar tissue supple and smooth.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I watched the Fox coverage and didn't see anything of the sort. I presume it was on Ch 10?
So they ran a few Dove for Men adds did they? Not really sure I see a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFL

Frank Nicholson (4)
I presume it was on Ch 10?
So they ran a few Dove for Men adds did they? Not really sure I see a problem.

The Chanel 10 crew included a lot of chat about grooming and the Dove website for metro's in the commentary.
At a big league game they would have been lynched by any and all real men in the crowd..:cool:

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Chanel 10 crew included a lot of chat about grooming and the Dove website for metro's in the commentary.
At a big league game they would have been lynched by any and all real men in the crowd..:cool:

I wouldn't be championing that Union as a sport should take any pointers on how to behave from the league crowd. Nor should we be worried what the league crowd thinks of us. What a sad fucking day that would be.

Still it's a long bow that you draw that suggests that because Dove sponsor the Rugby, then ultimately Rugby is a game for homosexuals. I am assuming (hoping) this post is a bit tongue in cheek but even still, yours is a pretty dated opinion and homophobic one, that Rugby as a sport is thankfully moving past.

NFL

Frank Nicholson (4)
I like homosexuals and bogans in equal amounts - hell, some of my best friends ARE bogan homosexuals.:cool:

Metrosexuals however shit me to tears...

We must do all we can to stomp out metrosexuality in rugby ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.