• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Manners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Oh the cell phone at the table. Gives me the shits. Why even be there then?

I find that people are so used to having no manners around them that when you show some decent manners they are almost taken aback, even by the smallest thing.

Like opening the door for a woman or holding the lift door. It's so engrained in me but the looks of disbelief are funny.

I pulled out their chairs for two women at our table in a restaurant the other night and they both commented that they seriously could not remember when last that happened.

Not trying to be a clever dick, it's just so ingrained in me. We got clipped behind the ears if we didn't do it.

I always like to watch the different reactions from shop assistants or wait staff between people who are friendly to them vs those that are not. I am convinced you get better service if you actually look someone in the eye, great them and say please or thank you. It's quite amazing the change in attitude you get. No chit chat or anything, just be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.