1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Matfield, Snor Boland Rugby shareholders

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by PaarlBok, Mar 30, 2010.

1. PaarlBok Michael Lynagh (62)

Myself living in this area and was quite surprise to read about it yesterday in our Boer newspaper. First honestly thoought its a Aprils fool joke. Now it look not like a joke but a reality.

Sport24
    Boland had a big sponsor, Findentia going back three years and had similair ideas. Unfortanely Fidentia was rocked with some scandals , being a pension fund and funds allocated illegally and everything drop back for Boland.

In short I think the bolded part very important for Boland & WP provinces. Boland Ussasa and WP rugby for years in legal battles about the borders of the provinces. Stellenbosch and Paarl is located dot spot in the middle of Boland and those rugby borders was settled way back when rugby was started in the 1900s.

In short if this get done it will mean Boland will have WP strength and WP Boland strength in rugby terms. Boland obvious will then a full blooded afrikaans team and WP soutie like.
  2. PaarlBok Michael Lynagh (62)

Maties will be the target and good to see Snor and the new share holders in the stands. Maties making it three in a row and I am pretty sure Chean Roux (x WP and Stormers loose forward), Matie coach will now strive for bigger things. Talk around town is that he may move to the Sharks in some coaching role in future with Plumtree and his NZ gang moving.

The Mean Maroon Matie Machine have done it again! Pitty Dagbreek could not make it a double for us!

Sport24
    Interesting Doc Craven would have been a century old yesterday. Altho he hate money in rugby he would have love to saw a 19,000 pack Danie Craven Stadium supporting his beloved Matie team.

[IMG]

[IMG]