• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Need another win before the bye, preferably another bonus point one.

Think that would all but seal up top spot.

From there, giving a handful of players a run in case they're needed in the finals (say Bauer, Gus, and Martin), should be considered.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So here comes the impending dilemma...

Next home game is on 18 October @ 6pm. Not due to finish until 8pm, well into the start of the third Bledisloe test match. Quite a PITA if you want to get somewhere and watch the test immediately after the Rising match.

I also note the Thursday night slot is still listed as TBA.

What's the chance they will switch the rising match to the Thursday slot? Granted the sevens are on Saturday, so that my kybosh that idea.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
So here comes the impending dilemma.

Next home game is on 18 October @ 6pm. Not due to finish until 8pm, well into the start of the third Bledisloe test match. Quite a PITA if you want to get somewhere and watch the test immediately after the Rising match.

I also note the Thursday night slot is still listed as TBA.

What's the chance they will switch the rising match to the Thursday slot? Granted the sevens are on Saturday, so that my kybosh that idea.
Was at the stars-eagles game today. They announced over the ground that the stars will have that Thursday night game so Melbourne won't.

However I think you've forgotten about daylight saving. The Bled starts at 7pm in Qld which is 8pm daylight savings time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Telusa ruled out for the remainder of the NRC season.

No word on Wallaby side, and therefore released players. Assuming both are unavailable, along with Sefa.

1. T. Smith
2. Sexton
3. Alo-Emile
4. Jeffries
5. Neville
6. McMahon
7. Taufa
8. Timani
9. Stirzaker
10. Debreczeni
11. Kamana
12. Johansen
13. Inman
14. RLM
15. Placid

16. Leafa
17. Tui
18. Ah-Nau
19. Hamilton
20. Simona
21. Meehan
22. Naufahu
23. Imo

Smash em in the first half, empty the bench in the first 15 or so minutes of the second.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Telusa ruled out for the remainder of the NRC season.

No word on Wallaby side, and therefore released players. Assuming both are unavailable, along with Sefa.

1. T. Smith
2. Sexton
3. Alo-Emile
4. Jeffries
5. Neville
6. McMahon
7. Taufa
8. Timani
9. Stirzaker
10. Debreczeni
11. Kamana
12. Johansen
13. Inman
14. RLM
15. Placid

16. Leafa
17. Tui
18. Ah-Nau
19. Hamilton
20. Simona
21. Meehan
22. Naufahu
23. Imo

Smash em in the first half, empty the bench in the first 15 or so minutes of the second.

I started a matchday thread :) I've been a bit slack this week... Don't mind that team.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Looking at this week's draw, I doubt the top four will change from:

1 Melbourne
2 NSW Country
3 Brisbane
4 Perth

Which means we'll probably play Perth in the semi final.

None of the spots from 2 to 4 are locked up though and it's still possible for the Vikings to grab 4th if they can beat Brisbane and NSW beat Perth.

Some good games coming up this weekend.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It''s good to see Lopeti Timani get regular game time at a level higher than club rugby.

If he can improve his handling from the base of the scrum and around the ruck he could have a big future.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I think we'll play the Rays. The Stars are pretty bad and coming off a short break and a long road trip.

Bonus point on offer.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I hadn't actually considered that the Rays would still be a chance, they only need a bonus point win and Perth to lose by more than 8... doable.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Semi final will be an arvo game - 3.30pm kick off 25th Oct, according to Rising FB feed. Perfect.
Don't want to look to far ahead but, should we manage to win that game the final will probably be Saturday, 01/11. AAMI Park has an A League game on the 31st and some mungo exhibition on the 2nd.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Congrats to Higgers, Luke Jones, Tom English and Sean McMahon who have all made the 2014 EOYT. Well done lads.

Now, the headache begins on how we cover the loss of everyone. Higgers hasn't played with the rising all year so that's covered. Jones and English I suspected by Sean McMahon is a real bolter. Lots of positions to cover.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
With no new injuries...

1. Toby Smith
2. Pat Leafa (vc)
3. Paul Alo-Emile
4. Sam Jeffries
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Pom Simona (vc)
7. Sione Taufua
8. Lopeti Timani
9. Nic Stirzaker (C)
10. Jack Debreczeni
11. Joe Kamana
12. Lloyd Johansen
13. Mitch Inman (vc)
14. Rennie Lautolo-Molimau
15. Jonah Placid

16. Tom Sextom
17. Tui Tuiatua
18. Cruze Ah-Nau
21. Luke Burgess/Ben Meehan
22. Martin Naufahu

You'd assume Rolly Polly, Orange Juice and Gus would be fighting for 19 & 20. For 23, I can only see Imo and Paila as the other backs, and like Martin, they're both playmakers?

Maybe go with a 6/2 split? Put all three forwards on the bench, and plan to bring on Martin for Lloyd around 55-65 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.