• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
With no new injuries.

1. Toby Smith
2. Pat Leafa (vc)
3. Paul Alo-Emile
4. Sam Jeffries
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Pom Simona (vc)
7. Sione Taufua
8. Lopeti Timani
9. Nic Stirzaker (C)
10. Jack Debreczeni
11. Joe Kamana
12. Lloyd Johansen
13. Mitch Inman (vc)
14. Rennie Lautolo-Molimau
15. Jonah Placid

16. Tom Sextom
17. Tui Tuiatua
18. Cruze Ah-Nau
21. Luke Burgess/Ben Meehan
22. Martin Naufahu

You'd assume Rolly Polly, Orange Juice and Gus would be fighting for 19 & 20. For 23, I can only see Imo and Paila as the other backs, and like Martin, they're both playmakers?

Maybe go with a 6/2 split? Put all three forwards on the bench, and plan to bring on Martin for Lloyd around 55-65 minutes?

Is Sefa back yet? He didn't have any bandages on his hands at all on the weekend.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
With no new injuries.

1. Toby Smith
2. Pat Leafa (vc)
3. Paul Alo-Emile
4. Sam Jeffries
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Pom Simona (vc)
7. Sione Taufua
8. Lopeti Timani
9. Nic Stirzaker (C)
10. Jack Debreczeni
11. Joe Kamana
12. Lloyd Johansen
13. Mitch Inman (vc)
14. Rennie Lautolo-Molimau
15. Jonah Placid

16. Tom Sextom
17. Tui Tuiatua
18. Cruze Ah-Nau
21. Luke Burgess/Ben Meehan
22. Martin Naufahu

You'd assume Rolly Polly, Orange Juice and Gus would be fighting for 19 & 20. For 23, I can only see Imo and Paila as the other backs, and like Martin, they're both playmakers?

Maybe go with a 6/2 split? Put all three forwards on the bench, and plan to bring on Martin for Lloyd around 55-65 minutes?

Looks a good team. We are going to need experienced heads to close out the match, so I'd consider burgess over Meehan. Although Meehan has been playing well. Sa'aaga (sp?) over Tuiatua as the spare LHP? Not sure if Cruz is covering that. Wingers have been doing well for us so we can leave that intact. Mich will have to really help steer that back line around, experience is going to count in this match (and the rest of them). Although Gus hasn't had a run he's been training the place down and could be hand y bench option.

The concept of having distributed leadership (multiple VCs) could work for us really well in the next two matches. Level heads will win us the championship.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Is Sefa back yet? He didn't have any bandages on his hands at all on the weekend.

He was originally a 4 - 6 week proposition with a busted thumb. Might be on the four week side if we need him, hopefully the Rebels medical staff have worked some more wonders.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I suggested Tuiatua over Fereti because he seemed to be the favoured option by the staff, playing 7 games to 2.

If Sefa is back, that would solve the backs problem, and he'd probably play ahead of Lloyd in the final after coming back on the bench.

Gus may find himself getting a run, unless the Coaching Staff feel Timani could adequately cover lock in an emergency.

A bit nervous, but really looking forward to it!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No Jones, McMahon, English.

City get Schatz, Gill?, Kerevi. Browning/Gunn(orGill)/Schatz will outplay Rising back row. Backlines even.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
We'll have to wait and see. I still like Country this week. Then I'd still say it's slightly better than 50/50 at AAMI.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Eagles' last team they fielded was no great shakes, it was a step down from their initial team at the start of the season. City and Rising would be my favourites for this week at this stage, but teams still need to be named.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Of course the Rising tight 5 is still in tact which is by far the best in the comp. Will probably be the telling difference, I remember the Rising scrum dominated City in Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.