• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Michael Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I read the other day that he averaged 500 Watts when pulling the Sky train up that massive hill the other day, can anyone find where it was written / quoted?

Got a great idea for a blog article.....

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
On www.cyclingnews.com, a forum member pasted the below quote with the source as www.letour.com but I couldn't find the originql interview.

“I posted some of the best numbers of my career on the final climb yesterday,” Michael Rogers told LeTour.fr this morning. “The whole time I was on the front,” he explained about his turn that began at the base of the ascent of La Planche des Belles Filles and lasted until the 3km to go mark, “until I stopped, I was putting out over 500 watts.“Once I was done, I basically stopped my effort but only for about a minute,” said Rogers of what he did after handing over the lead to team-mate Richie Porte. “But I was still feeling okay and I thought, ‘I might as well keep on going’. So I started riding again and, before I knew it, I caught and passed [Samuel] Sanchez. That last uphill pinch though... man, that was steep!”

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Team Sky posts the performance data on two of their riders (Eisel & Siutsou) here but unfortunately not for Rogers or Porte.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Do the team directors have access to this power info in real time, or do they just download it at the end of the stage? Would make for some fairly complex strategy planning if they look at it in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.