• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Mike Hussey

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Stellar career and a good time to call it a day despite my hopes he would play on. Will leave a huge hole and dare say will be missed more than Ponting on the last years form. Could have been up there with the all time run getters but spent so long waiting for his chance.

Khwaja to get his chance?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
We'll miss him for the Ashes. Well played career Mr Cricket!

Watson to 6, Usman to 4..... that's what I'd like to see.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That looks like what'll happen, Penguin, and I'd like to see a lot more consistency from the top three.

Hussey, well played o good and faithful servant of Australian cricket.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wow. All the talk was of Hussey playing to 40 and he pulls the rabbit out of the hat. Good on him I say, although I would have loved to see him punch on for one more year. Brilliant one day player. Hard to judge his test career given he started late and enjoyed batting at 6 most of the time. Clarke is now the last link to the last glory days of Aus cricket.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Fantastic player and an even better bloke to go with it. That took me completely by surprise, given that I thought he'd go one more year. Good on him though, he obviously had Warnie's words echoing in his after retiring from test cricket: "better to go and have people ask why you went than staying on and asking why you didn't".

Status
Not open for further replies.