• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Most Erudite Poster - Word of the Week Competition

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
this one needs to be fast-tracked into the English language immediately:

CJs1bDAWsAAkGk8.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
this one needs to be fast-tracked into the English language immediately:

CJs1bDAWsAAkGk8.png

For the last time, @Dismal, STOP FUCKIN' STALKING ME, AWRIGHT? :)

My word for this week:

milquetoast
ˈmɪlktəʊst/
nounNORTH AMERICAN
a person who is timid or submissive.
"a frail, milquetoast character"

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From the 2013 Reds vs Waratahs Game Thread:
Callipygous must be the Foxsports word of the day.
- July 13 2013

All was revealed on 702 ABC breakfast show yesterday as I drove to the Salt Mines.

Kearns had heard Adam Spencer use the word previously on 702 Breakfast and decided to weave it in to his commentary.

Kafe was in on the setup, but Greg Clarke was not, and in the commentary box he was apparently looking very perplexed when the two fired it up.

Interesting that a caller rang in at the of the segment and claimed the word is pronouncificated Kill -ip - i -giss as per Greek origins and not Kel-e-pay-jiss as Spencer and Kearns/Kafe pronounced it.
- July 20 2013

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wayne Gunston’s Guide to $20 Words.

Gidday, tatterdemalion c**ts!

Welcome to Wayne Gunston’s Guide to $20 Words.

hair.jpg

Me, Wayne, your favourite
lalochezian callipygous bastard.
I know all the $20 words. I bought
the whole fuckin lot for 50 bucks
at a garage sale.

Now then, let’s get down to business. How many $20 words do you know? Four? Sorry smartarse, but “supercilious” is no longer a $20 word. It’s a $5 word at best. So now you only know three $20 words. Callipygous and two others. Pathetic. You thick bastard. There’s only so many times you, the aspiring writer, can drop “mellifluous”, “callipygous” and that one other flash harry word into your stunted, shithouse prose before the ruse is well and truly up.

That’s where I come in. Once your cheque’s cleared, my Wayne Gunston’s Guide to $20 Words will show you exactly where and when to use $20 words.
creditcards1.gif

$695.99 for just 12 easy-to-follow instalments.
No layby. Stop fucking around and PAY NOW.

Here is just a brief sampler of what you can expect from Wayne Gunston’s Guide to $20 Words.

* A refresher course on the $20 words you already know. Face it, you’ve already forgotten what “callipygous” means and you only found out about the fuckin stupid thing 3 bloody sentences ago. Stupid bastard. PAY NOW!
* An autographed strand of my lustrous hair. Use it as a bookmark. It’s that bloody thick!
* Words.
* Sexually graphic passages.
* Pictures of $20 words.

Gunston InfoMercial
meetingad_zpskfkazywq.png

Not only will my Guide to $20 Words educate you about ALL the $20 words it will also “troubleshoot” those words that are often mistaken for being $20 words but are in fact NOT $20 words.

Here is a brief sample list of just some of the commonly mistaken $20 words as exposed by Wayne Gunston’s Guide to $20 Words.

* Wheelbarrow (quite a long word, hence the confusion. NOT a $20 word)
* Elephant (elephants are big which makes people think the word is long and confusing but at a paltry 7 letters it’s not overly long)
* Psychedelic (nothing about a hippie is worth $20 bucks)

Pay NOW to get the full list of NOT $20 words!

Just $850.99 in 8 easy instalments.
creditcards1.gif

Operators are standing by!

The first 3 customers to order will receive a FREE Gunston & Gunston Herpes Teleporter!
43a265f6-3915-4204-8344-bb476829fb60_zps7ftngliv.jpg
creditcards1.gif
$399 O.N.O
reception_zpsuehvc3of.png
"Thank you for shopping with Gunston & Gunston
now get off the fuckin' line please thank you next!"
That’s it then, we’re all done here, by stupidly clicking on that paypal logo above you’ve triggered an automatic payment, thanks for shopping with Gunston & Gunston, my fuckwit brother Wayne is coming over to your place in his ute with your stupid fuckhead book.

ute1_zps61dc7a54.jpg

“Jesus, I wouldn’t pay shit for this."

Righto.

--Wayne.

hair.jpg

586c8f3a-cbf3-4f03-a06b-a31ae693ddbe_zpsybu0ckmc.png

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
pulverulent

adjective
1. covered with dust or powder.
2. consisting of dust or fine powder.
3. crumbling to dust or powder.

"Bill Pulver took a 1998 Shiraz from the ARU Cellar and opened the pulverulent bottle in front of the thirsty Board."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
concatenation
kənkatəˈneɪʃn/
noun
a series of interconnected things.
--"a concatenation of terrible decisions over the years led to the demise of the Auckland Blues."
--"an applicable name for an Auckland Blues Fan Club would be 'Blues Bad Choice Concate Nation."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
femtosecond
ˈfɛmtə(ʊ)sɛkənd/
noun
noun: femtosecond; plural noun: femtoseconds; symbol: fs
  1. one quadrillionth of a second.
  2. "Byron Kelleher needed but a femtosecond to completely fuck up a Rugby World Cup semi-final."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
farrowing
(of a sow) give birth to (piglets).

"The lodger is farrowing."
AKA; "Byron, what have you done?."

Reactions: Tex

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
de·fen·es·trate
[dēˈfenəˌstrāt]
  1. throw (someone or something) out of a window.
    ".....following the Auckland Blues 2nd half capitulation, a wave of television defenestrations were reported in the Greater Onehunga area."

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
de·fen·es·trate
[dēˈfenəˌstrāt]
  1. throw (someone or something) out of a window.
    "...following the Auckland Blues 2nd half capitulation, a wave of television defenestrations were reported in the Greater Onehunga area."
defencestrate - the aspect of the game thrown out the window by the Blues prior to the defenestration.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
sapiosexual
[ˌsāpēōˈsekSH(o͞o)əl]
形容詞​
  1. (of a person) finding intelligence sexually attractive or arousing.
    "The only explanation for Mrs Pillock is asapiosexuality."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
puissant
[ˈpwēsnt, ˈpyo͞oəsnt]
archaic
literary
  1. having great power or influence.
    "No Mr Pillock, for the 20th time, puissant is not an insult."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Me - Enouement
You crazy

Doc, I got 2, 5 and 15 bad but I got 8 real bad. In executive summary my whole life is monachopsis being bashed in the head by Nodus Tollens. Fuck that guy. You got any ointment I can rub on this shit?
Rubatosis
You REALLY crazy.

You would not last long in an anechoic chamber https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/anechoic-chamber-worlds-quietest-room/index.html
"The longest continuous time anyone has spent inside the chamber is about 55 minutes," confirmed Gopal at Microsoft.
"I have noticed that there are several folks who can stay inside for 30 minutes or so. But others have asked to go out within the first few seconds."