• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Motorcycles - Bikes and Riders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Have you picked up the Suzi yet Moses?
Nup! The store have been pretty shocking at communicating and setting realistic expectations.

Originally it would take "up to a week"... I've now been into Sydney City Motorcycles Lane Cove store 6 times (walk past it every morning), have received 0/4 promised call backs. How can I expect them to call Suzuki when they don't call me?

This morning (Day 11) got the first piece of actual news - my bike has been "dispatched", whatever that means.

From here, it has to travel from Suzuki's warehouse wherever that is (salesman didn't know, I'm hoping it's not in Japan!), then they'll take 3 days to find 3 hours to assemble the bike. Then I'm happy!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Loving that I can more just pop out into the rocks for lunch

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331605684248.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331605684248.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 403

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I am between bikes. I sold my KTM Superduke to buy property 12 months ago and the withdrawls are starting to kill me, this is the longest I have been without owning a bike since I got my bike license as a 17 year old. I have had 8 bikes. Number 9 will be one of these...

speed-triple-1440.jpg

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nice looking scoot Moses.

What do you guys think of Victory Motorcycles?
Victory are supposed to be pretty good. I'm not into cruisers a huge amount, but I definitely like the way they look - just different enough to most Harleys and Jap cruisers to be more interesting. Their rideability and build quality are supposed to be good too - but I guess they'd want to be competing with the brands they are. I think they're owned by Polaris/Can-Am who make skidoos and atvs, so they have engineering backup too.

I am between bikes. I sold my KTM Superduke to buy property 12 months ago and the withdrawls are starting to kill me, this is the longest I have been without owning a bike since I got my bike license as a 17 year old. I have had 8 bikes. Number 9 will be one of these...

speed-triple-1440.jpg

Love the Speed triple, do you prefer the bug eyes or the new one? I've been looking at bigger nakeds to upgrade to and it's near the top of my list but I might have to aim down and go smaller. Might be no bad thing either as I've heard nothing but good things about the Street Triple.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Love the Speed triple, do you prefer the bug eyes or the new one? I've been looking at bigger nakeds to upgrade to and it's near the top of my list but I might have to aim down and go smaller. Might be no bad thing either as I've heard nothing but good things about the Street Triple.

Definately a 2010 or older with bug eyes. The new ones are growing on me, but the 3 colours available don't really do it for me.

I have also heard brilliant things about the Street Triple. I looked at one but having owned litre class bikes for the last 10 years I thought I might regret it. My mum used to have a Suzuki SV650, and that thing was brilliant. Unless your Mick Doohan you just can't use all of the power of a 1000cc on the road but the little 650 was awesome. Really, really fun. I reckon the street triple would be similar.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nice R6, I love them in black. Where was the pic taken, looks like awesome scenery

T

trophyhunter

Nice R6, I love them in black. Where was the pic taken, looks like awesome scenery

Gold Coast hinterland, the far off mountains you can see in the background are basically on the border of QLD/NSW. There are a few good fun roads in the area. I need to head down your way and try out this Oxley Highway I am hearing about
She is up on the bench at home right now, getting new Pirelli Super Corsa tyres and a few other things for next weekends track day ;)

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Very nice, I've pillioned on the Oxley before I had my licence but definitely have to try it again as a rider!

Unfortunately I hardly get out beyond the Old Pac north of Syd or the National Park to the south and haven't even had much of that lately thanks to work :(
(alhtough last time I went south it was as camera bike following the new McLaren so that was pretty damn cool!)

D

daz

Hope you guys don't mind if I highjack your thread, but since it is bike related....

Obviously a bit of a shock with Stoner pulling the pin on his wildy successful MotoGP career at the end of the year, but did anyone watch the Le Mons race last night? Huge result for Lorenzo and a great race out in front for him, but the battle between the Tech 3 riders and Rossi, then Stoner and Rossi for 2nd and 3rd was a race for the ages. Just edge-of-your-seat super racing.

300km's/hr on a wet circuit with little puddles of death all over the place? Those blokes are insane....

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
To be honest, the Stoner announcement hasn't surprised me at all. He has a rough relationship with the media and fans as he is considered a bit of a whinger, but the truth is he is just too honest. Calls it as he sees it.

He has no desire to play the game and clearly doesn't enjoy the public eye, only tolerates it.

Lump on top the rule changes which Casey has been very vocal against and I reckon he is the sort of guy who won't look back. You won't see him trying to make a comeback in 3 years time, he will just retire to become a farmer after he gets bored with supertaxis.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hope you guys don't mind if I highjack your thread, but since it is bike related....
300km's/hr on a wet circuit with little puddles of death all over the place? Those blokes are insane....

No probs with the hijack I was talking about Stoner today actually.

They are insane! I know one wet & windy night I shot over Stockton bridge on the way home from training hitting about 175km/hr, there was no one around & the weather on the open bridge was that bad I just wanted to be over it ASAP. 175km/hr I pretty much nearly 'lost my shit' so to speak, I cannot imagine 300km/hr.

To be honest, the Stoner announcement hasn't surprised me at all. He has a rough relationship with the media and fans as he is considered a bit of a whinger, but the truth is he is just too honest. Calls it as he sees it.

He has no desire to play the game and clearly doesn't enjoy the public eye, only tolerates it.

Lump on top the rule changes which Casey has been very vocal against and I reckon he is the sort of guy who won't look back. You won't see him trying to make a comeback in 3 years time, he will just retire to become a farmer after he gets bored with supertaxis.

I agree with you. He clearly is over it. Supercars is a step down but he might be more happy with a bit of that before full retirement from all racing.

Happy to see someone from my part of the world go ahead & do what he has done, as long as he's comfy with his decision then good luck to him.

T

trophyhunter

I thought this might be an appropriate place to mention this, not sure if it is fully legal and within the forum rules, but I am a motorcycle mechanic by trade and I am setting up my home workshop.

If any of you guys are in Brisbane or the surrounding areas and want work done on your motorcycles, or even be given a servicing lesson so you can look after things yourself. send me a PM

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
No problems TrophyHunter, unfortunately I'm in Sydney but would have otherwise been interested

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I thought this might be an appropriate place to mention this, not sure if it is fully legal and within the forum rules, but I am a motorcycle mechanic by trade and I am setting up my home workshop.

If any of you guys are in Brisbane or the surrounding areas and want work done on your motorcycles, or even be given a servicing lesson so you can look after things yourself. send me a PM

If only someone like you was in Newcastle NSW :( . I do a few things myself like oil change & cleaning + lubing the chain but I'd like to be able to do more things myself.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has anyone seen "Long Way Round" with Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman?

Gotta be the best ad for the BMW R1150GS bikes out. Those bikes were put through absolute hell, and came through with flying colours. Bush mechanics in outer Wherethehellarewestan were able to patch the bikes up without apparent adverse impact.

KTM were initially invited to provide the bikes but wouldn't didn't think the ride would be a success, and that it would reflect poorly on their bikes. Pretty dumb decision in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.