• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Munster Vs Leinster ** Spoilers **

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Rocky destroyed the Munster backrow. World class performance

I hope Quinlan gets a ban. He's a dirty bitch.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Who would have called that?

Leinster just played at a very different level of intensity to Munster. Elsom is in the form of his life, I have never seen him play like that. HE looked good in the otrher three or four Leinster game I saw this year but jeez that was shit hot. Whittaker has been excellent as well.

Is is just me or the enthusiasm in the European club comp makes the Super 14 look jaded and boring? Big crowds, passionate fans.

Maybe it just looks like that because we're so used to the games down here?

How would the Tahs, Sharks and Hurricanes go against these two sides? I think it's hard to call.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I saw the April 4 match ; Rocky Seagull was anonymous and Contepomi had a shocker. Leinster lacked a clue in attack despite dominating possession for most of the match. Munster far more clinical.

I'm surprised Leinster could turn the tables so quickly.

I love Quinlan.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
naza said:
I saw the April 4 match ; Rocky Seagull was anonymous and Contepomi had a shocker. Leinster lacked a clue in attack despite dominating possession for most of the match. Munster far more clinical.

I love Quinlan.

Apparently he is distantly related to Bakkies Botha. His great uncle was one Bacquis McBotha, know to friends and family as "The Gouge". ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Blue said:
naza said:

I love Quinlan.

Apparently he is distantly related to Bakkies Botha. His great uncle was one Bacquis McBotha, know to friends and family as "The Gouge". ;)
And the French Kiwi Richard L'eau.

H

Harfish

cyclopath said:
And the French Kiwi Richard L'eau.

I prefer to remember him for smacking Paul Carozza in the nose back in the 80s. Fun times

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
El Be'au :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Never saw that semi result coming after the way Munster monstered the Sprays in the QFs and how Leinster had to bust a gut to win their QF.

Thomond78 will be inconsolable and I'm not real happy that Munster is out either. However, unlike T78, I will switch my allegiance in the Final to the blue slime, Leinster, who I go for in all comps when they are not playing the Red Tide. I think an Irishman must have slipped into my family tree in the distant past.

Yeah Elsom was terrific and commentators Barnes and Harrison cooed about him but never mentioned a move back home next year.

After watching the display of the Queensland Reds' forwards on Saturday it brings home to you their great need for higher workrates around the ball. Few Reds forwards know what working off the ball is and when they react to something that has just happened, instead of anticipating what is going to happen, the barbarians are already through the gates. And some are bone lazy when they get a bit tired.

Although they missed Braid and 3M in that regard, Rocky would have made a big difference alone and a few would have followed. But I digress - Rocky was great.

Chris Whitaker had a good game too and rolled back the years. He had a much happier game than his Munster opponent, Peter Stringer, who couldn't buy a decent kick from hand.

Apart from one brilliant run, the Munster fullback, Aussie Paul Warwick, had a bit of a mare. It's a pity because he has been such an asset to Munster in a Leon MacDonald kind of way all season.

Although Rob Kearney didn't play for Leinster, no doubt injured, you could see why the other two future Ireland galacticos Earls in the red and Fitzgerald in the blue were picked for the Lions tour also. The trio is going to cause a lot of concern in test rugby soon.

BOD has slowed down, and should move in to 12 which has always been his natural position IMO, but his Horan type brain and skill are both still priceless.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Spook said:
Earls is a turnstyle and shouldn't be in the Lions.

So, you'd rule out three quarters of the EEELs backs if that is the sole selection criterion.

Status
Not open for further replies.