• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

N.D.I.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
About bloody time.

Whether it survives, or gets fully implemented, or not is another question.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
About bloody tine.

Whether it survives, or gets fully implemented, or not is another question.

Legislation introduced this week to change the Medicare Levy. Once that's passed it will tough politically to justify rolling it back

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Legislation introduced this week to change the Medicare Levy. Once that's passed it will tough politically to justify rolling it back
Whats the unfunded liability in your version of the NDIS?
One outcome of last November’s change in New Zealand’s
government was a realisation that Accident Compensation
Corporation (ACC) had an unfunded liability of $24 billion,
off-set by assets of $11 billion.
http://www.gallagherbassett.com.au/Portals/0/GB NZ Newsletter Sept 09 FV .pdf
How long will it take until we get to that point?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
No long I reckon IS. That's the risk with any insurance scheme. I know a few Government schemes that exist today that aren't very aware to the general populace that have unfunded liabilities up the wazoo.

The thing with NDIS is that it has bi-partisan support so politically any attempts to reign it in could be attacked as a go at disability. No political party would want to get into that....

overthehill

Allen Oxlade (6)
Neoliberal insanity. The federal government could and should just pay for better care. There is no need for any "fund".

It's a tax that can create a pot of money that managers can play with and extract fees and skim profits. That's its sole purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.