• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National U/16 Championships 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
I think the team building exercise was a great idea, it is not as if they aren't training as well. Fri, Sat and Sun this week with some boys also fitting in one or even two grand finals. Surely at this level it is about combinations and communication, as was pointed out already, the boys are in the team because of what they bring, not what they can learn in 4 weeks. Michael Morgan was a notable absentee from training??

D

Dingdong

I understand that they need time to bond and relax, but how in anyway shape or form will that help their team on-field based cohesion? answer me that

The GPS team that won the Schools tournament (comfortably) had 2 sessions together before the tournament. The vast majority of these players are on the back end of a full on year of Rugby and IMO don't need countless hours of drills to be cohesive. These guys have been exposed to all variety of "structure" and "patterns" from a variety of representative coaches in the past and will adapt very quickly to whatever their current coaches require from them.

R

rockon

yes the close minded majority of 3 outdated views have culminated to pass a well supported opinion? i don't think so. Structurally strong games and plays are what great teams have used to win their games, an example being the merrylands back line. The plus side of having a 'relaxation' is that 14 boys are from gps teams and have a bond already to work with unlike most other teams, with exception to sydney who have both the structural development and the relaxtion combined

D

Dingdong

. The plus side of having a 'relaxation' is that 14 boys are from gps teams and have a bond already to work with unlike most other teams, with exception to sydney who have both the structural development and the relaxtion combined

Why do the 14 GPS BOYS "have a bond already" ?

D

Dingdong

Because they have played together before

2 sessions together and 3 games (schools tournament) hardly makes them cohesive. With no more than 4 players coming from the one school, I can't see how that differentiates them from the other NSW teams who all have at least 4 players from the 1 club or district.

D

Dingdong

Can someone give me the NSW schools line up plus reserves?

Lachlan Cannell Killara HS

Hayden Cochrane St Augustine's College

Rory Davis The King's School

Andrew Deegan St Joseph's College

Adrian Delore Whitebridge HS

Oliver Kamp The Scots College

Andrew Kellaway The Scots College

Jack King St Ignatius

Joey Lussick Newington College

Peter Maa Westfields SHS

Jarrod Matairavula Pendle Hill HS

Taane Milne Randwick BHS

Tepai Moeroa Newington College

Nicholas Pennisi St Joseph's College

Oscar Pople Newington College

George Prassas Newington College

Matthew Sandell St Joseph's College

Josh Schwager St Joseph's College

Ben Stacy The King's School

Doug Streeter Shore School

Oliver Takiveikata Westfields SHS

Anthony Vasillis Randwick BHS

Brad Gill Coach, Newington College

Luke Bower Ass. Coach, Cranbrook School

John Rownes Manager, Knox Grammar School

Damian Raper
Physiotherapist

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
2 sessions together and 3 games (schools tournament) hardly makes them cohesive. With no more than 4 players coming from the one school, I can't see how that differentiates them from the other NSW teams who all have at least 4 players from the 1 club or district.
They looked very cohesive at schools...

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
I know that it clashes with the Aus v Italy game, but anyone that was interested in seeing the NSW Schools V Sydney game, it has moved to Woollahra Oval. Midday I think!

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
I have no idea what the score was in the end. 5 tries to 3 was all I counted to NSW Schools. I think the final score was within 1 try. For a first run out for the schools team, they can only get better from here. Still getting to understand eachother. Sydney did well to slow it down at the breakdown and looked to have better cohesion having played a few more games. Schools dominated the first third without turning it into points. Other than that, just a good run for both teams. I don't think there were any real stand outs from either side today. 15 for Sydney (Harry Jones I think) went well and Andrew Kellaway pulled off one of the best tackles I have ever seen and played well!

Anyone else see the game differently?

Hectic

Frank Row (1)
Schools v Sydney

Well done to Schools for the win. It was 5 tries to 4. Sydney scored 4 well constructed tries. Schools took advantage of Sydney errors to score a couple of their tries. Looking forward to a rematch in the final of the Australian Championships. I hope to witness at the Championships that when a player is injured in a tackle good sportsmanship is shown for the well being of that player.

P

pugwash

Yes very disappointing act.The tackle was illegal anyway with no arms,but the way he carried on after showed that he still has a huge amount to learn.
Many people around where I was standing were commenting that he has been acting like this for many years-in his correct age group.Interesting comments!

R

rockon

The hit was huge and could be felt from the sideline, there were no arms and i agree entirely with your thought pugwash on that he has much to learn. Sydney played valiantly in light of much talk about schools coming away with it without a doubt. Today must've shocked a few faces not only dut to a different line up ? can anyone explain this? missing players like Moera and Kellaway from schools? why didn't these players start?. Well done to sydney though, with a few more structural development and completions they have a competitive nature to be afraid of if it comes to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.