• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NEW DEVELOPMENTS AT THE SCARF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Welcome to an exciting new era for The Yellow Scarf! Bigger than Matt Dunning's grocery bill, stronger than Victor Matfield's forearm, more scintillating than Quade Cooper's footwork, it's The Yellow Scarf Mark II!

The Yellow Scarf was started by me and Jonnosan in September 2007, which makes us now officially 18 months old. Most of the people on here are Aussie posters from The Silver Fern who got sick of being silenced by their lessers. There's a few who've come from Planet Rugby and quite a few more who have heard about us along the way. By carefully weeding out dribblers and wind-up merchants, I sincerely believe that we have the best bunch of rugby posters of any site I know. In saying that, I reckon we have about 30 regular posters and maybe 30 more who post every now and then. I think it's a good time to expand a bit and to try to get some new opinions on here. There must be someone in the world who doesn't yet know what naza thinks about Palu and Moore.

Also, the last time I asked for ideas about the Scarf, it seemed that quite a few people were keen on the TSF model, where there is a front page, with blog posts, video, a rugby calendar, and stuff like that. I'd like to be able to deliver that myself, but I feel that it's time to look to the bench to add some spark. In addition, Jonnosan no longer has time for any technical work so I'd need some help there anyway.

Here's the proposal: Matt from Green and Gold Rugby and I have have been looking at the synergy of our web sites. He has a blog, I have a forum. He has a lot of traffic and is highly ranked by Google, I have some quality cattle. In the middle is Moses, who hosts both our sites and who has the technical guns to turn ideas into actual stuff on the web.

So, we want to merge the two sites. That way, the blog will send new traffic to the forum, and forum posters who have an essay or two in them will get the chance to post on the blog. Because I really believe that the idea will make for a stronger Aussie rugby community, I'm going to change the name of the forum to Green and Gold Rugby. As a mark of respect for that most sacred of rugby icons, I'm hoping that we can work a Scarf motif into the design as we get going. There will also be some look and feel changes to make the two sites link seamlessly. Nothing else will change. Those who only want to look at Matt's blog will just not click on the forum link, those who only want to look at the forum can just bookmark the forum page.

As always, there's no-one looking to make any money. It's all about building the community. I sincerely hope that you enjoy the new developments.

Cheers,
Scarfman

R

rugbywhisperer

absolutely spiffing idea chaps.
As long as the weasels at Sportal don't come over it will be great

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
As long as the cyber-mesh is over the sewer outlets from the new place so the Colo boys don't try to pop in.
We won't have to re-register and all that crap will we? Sorry, I'm a luddite.
Otherwise sounds good.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Scarfie, you're getting into bed with a Pom? No, tell me it ain't so. He hasn't washed for years. Well, since about 1989 that is.

S

Spook

Excellent stuff Scarfie. At this rate you will be owning that 5th Aussie franchise.

Can you please reinstate my friend of the scarf status? :huxley

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Spook said:
Excellent stuff Scarfie. At this rate you will be owning that 5th Aussie franchise.

Only if he puts the dummy back in the avatar, Scarfy! ;)
Good to have the Spook back.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I have a look at both places everyday anyway so it sounds great to me. And I agree combining both site can only be good.

But I think "Rugby has been the real winner" here today. :lmao:

S

Spook

cyclopath said:
Spook said:

Only if he puts the dummy back in the avatar, Scarfy! ;)
Good to have the Spook back.

Ironically enough, the bub hasn't needed a dummy ;D

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Look I come some way with some of you posters specially those from TSF. Maybe I should call it quits like Marinos & Saru on S14 rugby or would you lot like me to speak out there? ??? Havent been there but is there anyone flying the SA flag ? :nta: Blue would like to know your honest opinion.

Another question the mods on this place will they still stay mods overthere. I mean I moved here because of the most of you lot like Jury, Thomo, NTA & Doc.

Dont want to go in a PR or Keo type of forum.

F

formeropenside

stay PB, yours is an important opinion that helps remind us Rugby is bigger than just Australian rugby, or even Queensland rugby

Scotty

David Codey (61)
As always, there's no-one looking to make any money. It's all about building the community. I sincerely hope that you enjoy the new developments.

Not sure about others on here, but I would have no issue if you did want to make some money, even if it is only enough to cover your time and effort. You are providing a great product and service to us all, so why shouldn't you benefit somewhat (or whoever else puts their time in for that matter)?

S

Spook

Scotty said:

Not sure about others on here, but I would have no issue if you did want to make some money, even if it is only enough to cover your time and effort. You are providing a great product and service to us all, so why shouldn't you benefit somewhat (or whoever else puts their time in for that matter)?

I second that motion, as long as it doesn't take away from the board and my intellectual property is protected ;D

B

brokendown gunfighter

cyclopath said:
As long as the cyber-mesh is over the sewer outlets from the new place so the Colo boys don't try to pop in.
Otherwise sounds good.

deadset
its not fair to talk about Naza like that :eek:

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

PB no need to worry. It's the same database, all the members, posts, privileges will be the same. And as far as I am concerned, it is still important that we maintain friendly and open relations with posters from outside of Australia.

If any mods don't want to be mods any more, or anyone wants to apply for mod status, PM me and I'll discuss it with Gagger.

Moses has his finger on the trigger and we'll probably GO early next week.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
brokendown gunfighter said:
cyclopath said:
Otherwise sounds good.

Golly gosh!
its not fair to talk about Naza like that :eek:
Naza is ensconced - we'd need to actively let him out! And the place would be so much the worse for his absence.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scarfman said:
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

PB no need to worry. It's the same database, all the members, posts, privileges will be the same. And as far as I am concerned, it is still important that we maintain friendly and open relations with posters from outside of Australia.
Thanks Boet, nearly thought I'll had to go. Had a check there and look like only headlines and posting from it. Hope the current forum go on like this one. Good Luck Doc. :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.