• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New procedure for buying an iPhone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Leave your balls at the door :lmao:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,24724169-5014108,00.html

* iPhone appeals to women more than men
* Noone knows why
* Women say it's because they can multi-task1

THE fad iPhone has surprised the tech set by finding more homes in handbags than suit pockets.

Australian mobile phone companies confirmed more women than men were buying Apple's fancy iPhone, with one source saying up to 70 per cent of iPhone sales were to females.

Vodafone's general manager for Victoria and Tasmania, Paul Guerra, said the company hadn't researched why women had turned out to be much more receptive to the iPhone than men, despite early assumptions it would appeal more to men.

"My gut feel suggests the iPhone has bridged that gap between fashion and functionality," he said.
"It's a great-looking device the female custom
er is comfortable using and displaying.

"However, my wife and female staff around me will argue the iPhone is better suited to women because they're able to multi-task better than us men."

Apple last month announced fourth-quarter (ending September 27) profits of $1.14 billion helped along substantially by global sales of more than 6,892,000 iPhones.

"Apple just reported one of the best quarters in its history, with a spectacular performance by the iPhone," Apple CEO Steve Jobs said. "We sold more phones than RIM." (RIM manufactures the popular Blackberry phones.)

Apple isn't saying, but an industry source estimates up to 200,000 Australians have bought iPhones since the 3G version hit our shelves in July.

CBD-based financial consultant Fiona Brown, 25, bought her iPhone 3G the day it arrived in Melbourne.

"It's hot, it's a cute little phone - I've converted so many girls into getting them," Ms Brown said. "It saves so much space in your handbag."

Malvern small business operator and mother of three, Amanda Miller, 34, said an iPhone was like a computer in her handbag. "That's very useful for a busy mum juggling kids, work and running the house. It's much lighter than carrying around a laptop."

Jess Pryles, 28, owner of Sugadeaux Cupcakes at South Yarra, wanted an iPhone so much she bought one from New York in April.

Ms Pryles upgraded to the iPhone 3G when it came out in Australia in July . . . and sold her old one on eBay.

1 Nick Says: More like men realise how gay it is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.