• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
We're grown too busy for our shared server, as evidenced by all the timeouts and failures this week. As such, the time has come to move over to our new semi-professional setup. I was hoping that we'd make it another few weeks and could switch to vBulletin at the same time, however it looks like I'll be migrating the site over in it's current state sooner than that, most likely this weekend.

I've set up just the blog on the new host for now over at http://www.sehwagology.com/ , and I'm ready to go ahead with some load testing.

Would a few people be available to help me load test this tonight? I'm thinking if you could log on when you read this and have a bit of a look around the blog, then a bunch of us could all log on at 8pm and see how it goes with us all loading pages.

Cheers,
Moses.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
btw I'm aware that some of the migrated blog posts don't look quite right with the apostrophe's not looking correct.. I'll fix these later.

I'm mainly interested in page loading times and how fast the site feels.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
much will depend on how well I am at getting kids to bed by then...we shall see. They seem angry! I'm a little scared.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
can make it later if you like.. say 8:30 ?

Paarl, that site is a static backup, if you change to there you wont see any new stuff!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
@Paarl, the URL will always be www.greenandgoldrugby.com , so when the change happens you wont need to do anything to be on the new site.

the sehwagology.com site I've set up at the moment is just a testing server.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I reckon it's a pass as well.
I opened 50 windows simultaneously and they all loaded within 20 seconds. What's more the memory didn't blow out and it all seems pretty stable.

Thanks guys for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.