• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
How do the Chiefs manage to hold on to all that talent?

Imagine the size of the potential Chiefs backline next year

9. Kerr-Barlow / Pulu
10. Cruden
11. Lowe / Nanai-Williams / Marshall / Tikoirotuma
12. SBW
13. Fruen / Ngatai
14. Gear
15. Nanai-Williams / Marshall

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think when you create a winning culture, you hang onto players for far less money than you would otherwise.

When you break it down though, their only regular All Blacks are Kerr-Barlow, Cruden and SBW when he returns.

Hosea Gear is presumably after a final tilt at a RWC and is probably not demanding a huge salary.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
This just in from NewstalkZB : SBW granted exemption to be selected for EOYT without needing to play ITM cup. Details soon

Couple of feathers going to be ruffled here no doubt. Not a bad midfield to take north though-Nonu, Fekitoa, Smith, Crotty and SBW.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This just in from NewstalkZB : SBW granted exemption to be selected for EOYT without needing to play ITM cup. Details soon

Couple of feathers going to be ruffled here no doubt. Not a bad midfield to take north though-Nonu, Fekitoa, Smith, Crotty and SBW.

Some more detail here:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ny-Bill-Williams-granted-All-Blacks-exemption

EDIT: just re-checked the story & over 200 people have commented. You may find this hard to believe but I'd say half claim to be outraged, some even suggesting that it's SBW who wants the exemption whereas it seems pretty clear that the AB management went to the Board for approval (as they did for [@Dismal Pillock, if you're reading this you may want to look away] Luke McAlister in 2009). Go figure. Haters just gotta hate, I guess.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
errorauckrugby_zps0064e473.png

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
And unfortunately for Luke he came back large but not in charge. Jeez I remember feeling nervous as hell when he came on in that 2nd French test in 09. He looked unfit and was running the cutter with Donald getting hurt if I recall. Then it was a huge mistake when we put him at 10 vs Italy. I remember sitting in a Sydney pub watching that game and yelled out - bring back Donald - after another Lucky grubber and getting a laugh from a few kiwis watching the test.

Good luck to Sonny Bill whatever happens, but I'm sure we will see him black

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I never thought I would see the day that George Smith turned out for New Zealand.

What a strange day.

D.Smith, what an excitement machine, carved it up for the Blues for a good solid 10 minutes.

In related news, **NATIONAL DISGRACE**

Jared Payne, Bundee Akii, Tom Mccartney, WFT are you doing.

iHomo, the eligibility rule should OBVIOUSLY be 10 years. If you've been there from when youre 12 then good onya fella
IRB chief executive Brett Gosper said. "It doesn't come up very often as a subject.

WELL WFT ELSE HAVE YOU GOT TO TALK ABOUT? It's not like youre discussing the half-blind drug addicted psychos on your referees roster.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Aaron Cruden to miss the tour of SA and Argentina, after a big night of drinking last Saturday. Looks like J'OC and Aaron should catch up sometime.
Coach Steve Hansen says Cruden went out drinking in Auckland on Saturday night and didn’t fly with the team to Argentina on Sunday. Hansen criticised the 25-year-old, who has been a standout performer for the All Blacks over the last two seasons.
“We are extremely disappointed at Aaron’s actions which are out of character. He is embarrassed at his actions,” Hansen said on the All Blacks twitter account.
“As a consequence of his actions, he has been left at home and will not join the squad for Tests against Argentina & South Africa.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/t...ght-to-argentina/story-e6frf4qc-1227066088840

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And that is a huge plus for Steve Hansen! Ok I know it only one mistake, and Cruden is pretty important to the team, but if he wants to stay in ABs he has to realise that there are rules!! I pleased Hansen is prepared to lose important tests to keep standards!