• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Bill McLean (32)
NZ Rugby awards were held tonight:

WINNERS LIST

New Zealand Rugby Age Grade Player of the Year

Damian McKenzie (Waikato)

... ... ...

Richard Crawshaw Memorial Sevens Player of the Year

DJ Forbes (Counties Manukau)

... ... ...

NPC Player of the Year

Seta Tamanivalu (Taranaki)

... ... ...

Totally gratuitous shot of the possibly future Mrs McCheats legs:

View attachment 5713

LMAO@Mrs McCheats - that's a big 'TU MEKE' for that one!

Damian McKenzie: classy player. Big future on the horizon IMO!

DJ Forbes: turns 100 years old next year! Looks like they'll have to shoot him if ever the opposition want rid of this 'Captain Courageous'!

And last but not least; Tamanivalu. I was driving home last night through Sydney airport and seen a sticker on the back of a car that read, "GOD CREATED TARANAKI SO ALL THE HARD-CORE PEOPLE HAD A PLACE TO LIVE."

Obviously Tamanivalu seen this sticker as well!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
And last but not least; Tamanivalu. I was driving home last night through Sydney airport and seen a sticker on the back of a car that read, "GOD CREATED TARANAKI SO ALL THE HARD-CORE PEOPLE HAD A PLACE TO LIVE."

Obviously Tamanivalu seen this sticker as well!

Palmerston North bogans make Auckland bogans look like the French Royal family sporting tutus. While on stilts.

This raises the question, if a locale is 100% bogan do they still identify as bogan if there is simply no "other" with which to differentiate themselves from? This is a similar philosophical question to the tree falling in the forest but a bit different.
gest15_zps558f1dbe.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ Um, Palmy North may be the bogan capital of NZ in many people's opinion (I personally reckon it's Hastings with PN a close 2nd) but it ain't the 'naki, bro. It's a bit like calling a Liverpudlian a Mancunian but with less spittle.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^^^^^^^^ Um, Palmy North may be the bogan capital of NZ in many people's opinion (I personally reckon it's Hastings with PN a close 2nd) but it ain't the 'naki, bro. It's a bit like calling a Liverpudlian a Mancunian but with less spittle.
haha, stupid auckland c***, I mustve just been passing through!

Hastings eh, i'd have to second that. For our school trip down that way they took us impressionable young lads through......... an abattoir. Right through. From Daisy grazing outside to Daisy's throat getting slit by a bro with the biggest fucking knife you've ever seen right through to Daisy as packaged mince.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ yeah, well, I didn't wanna play the JAFA card but now that you've put your hand up........

Just think, tho, if not for that traumatic visit to Whakatu or wherever, you might not have grown up to be the @ DismalPillock you've become & the world would IMO be poorer for it.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
that traumatic visit to Whakatu or wherever
I could still walk you through the place like it was yesterday. May be I should type out the whole days events as "therapy". Getting off-topic here but I reckon this forum could do with a "Blogs" section, where members can chunder out their off-topic rubbish eg "12 Years Old and Still Lost in the Abattoir"

Rugby Discussion
Rugby Matches
Everything Else
Members Blogs

(still not entirely sure what a "blog" is but that's a minor detail to be ironed out later)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As a rule, any thread that makes it past 341 posts will from that point on consist largely of people chundering out their off-topic rubbish. Take this thread, for example :)

The off-season has been faaaaar toooooooo loooooong.

Bill McLean (32)
I originally posted what follows below in the '2015 JWC' thread and thought it might also be of interest in here as well. Please note (and as corrected by Hugh Jarse) Tevita Li should read 'wing' not 'scrum half'. If there's any other amendments please note them. As an Irish/Australian married to a NZ/Tongan I tried my best ... ... ... LOL!

NZ U/20’s 2014
As discussed earlier in this thread the management of the ‘Junior Blacks’ are taking a more prepared approached to the 2015 JWC, and for mine they are going to have a squad that will likely contain players with international exposure (i.e. Super Rugby and Sevens) thus putting them in good stead you would assume.

The extended train on squad, which appears below, does not contain players selected for Super Rugby franchises (they also appear below). For obvious reasons they were not considered, however one would assume that such players will likely be released when the time comes.

For mine there are some notable omissions from the extended squad (e.g., Sam McNicol: a NZ Schools 2013 representative who made the Wellington Lions 2014 ITM Cup team). It would be interesting to know what has happened to such players.

I have highlighted those players with NZ representative experience in ‘BOLD’, using numbering which highlights that player’s representative experience. As you will see there are numerous players that have been consistently progressing through NZ Rugby’s representative ranks/pathways.

Essentially the NZ'landers will carry over several key and experienced players from last year's JWC. All of whom are in key positions and who were apart of the 2014 leadership group. Around this group they should be able to construct a reasonable and formidably strong team! IMO they will likely use the Australian game(s) to finalise the same.

Super Rugby Players
Tevita Li (Scrum Half - North Harbour - Blues)1,3
Blake Gibson (Loosie - Auckland - Blues)2
Damien McKenzie (Full Back - Waikato - Chiefs)2,3,5
Anton Lienert-Brown (Fly Half – Waikato – Chiefs)3
Geoff Cridge (Lock - Hawkes Bay - Hurricanes)3
Hugh Renton (Loosie - Hurricanes)6

NZ U/20 Extended Squad
Props
Isileli Tu'ungafasi (Auckland)
Morgan Poi (Wellington)10
Tom Hill (Canterbury)2
Aidan Ross (Bay of Plenty)
Atunaisa Moli (Waikato)2,3
Blair Prinsep (Canterbury)
Tau Koloamatangi (Waikato)3,5
Michael Tamoaieta (Auckland)2

Hookers
Liam Polwart (Auckland)
Ricky Riccitelli (Otago)
Travis Taylor (Manawatu)
Steven Misa (Waikato)

Locks
Mitchell Dunshea (Canterbury)
Hamish Dalziel (Canterbury)
Joshua Goodhue (Northland)2
Liam Hallam-Eames (Wellington)
Jamie Lane (Auckland)2
James Blackwell (Wellington)6

Loose Forwards
Ethan Blackadder (Tasman)
Sam Wasley (Wellington)
Sam Godwin (Canterbury)
Mitchell Karpik (Auckland)2,5
Henry Stowers (Wellington)11
Dillon Hunt (Otago)
Teariki Ben-Nicholas (Wellington)
Alex Fitzgerald (Otago)
Akira Ioane (Auckland)2,8
Dylan Wihongi (North Harbour)2,5

Scrum Halves
Harrison Levien (Waikato)2
Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi (Taranaki)
Lisati Milo-Harris (Auckland)6,7
Sam Malcom (Manawatu)
Luke Campbell (Wellington)

Fly Halves
Daniel Hollinshead (Bay Of Plenty)6
Mitchell Hunt (Auckland)
Fletcher Smith (Otago)9

Centres
TJ Faiane (Auckland)2,3,5
Jonathan Fa'auli (Canterbury)2
Wes Goosen (Wellington)2
Jack Goodhue (Canterbury)9
Sean Wainui (Taranaki)
Rieko Ioane (Auckland)4,9

Wings
Pryor Collier (Auckland)
Faraimo Nofoaigo (Wellington)
Tu Puoho Stephens (Canterbury)
Fletcher Matthews (Tasman)6
Gavin Stark (Otago)2
Shaun Stevenson (Auckland)4

Fullbacks
George Bridge (Canterbury)
Luteru Laulala (Canterbury)5
Jaye Thompson Southland

1.NZ Schools 2012
2.NZ Schools 2013
3.NZ U/20’s 2014
4.NZ Schools 2014
5.NZ Schools Barbarians 2012
6.NZ Schools Barbarians 2013
7.NZ Schools Barbarians 2014
8.NZ Sevens 2013/14
9.NZ Sevens 2014/15
10.NZ Universities
11.Samoan U/20’s 2014

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Too late for WC

We won't need him: Conrad, Nonu, Fekitoa & Crotty are already scrapping it out for probably 3 spots (assuming they take SBW as a midfield/ wing utility).

He may never add to his AB caps but I'm a great believer that guys who've been around the traps a bit are important 'cos they give you a benchmark to measure the young guys against. And there's also the chance you might need them one day, Jason O'Halloran-style.

Tom Coventry taking some mates to Oirish:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-and-hurricanes-super-rugby-assistant-coaches

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
We won't need him: Conrad, Nonu, Fekitoa & Crotty are already scrapping it out for probably 3 spots (assuming they take SBW as a midfield/ wing utility).

He may never add to his AB caps but I'm a great believer that guys who've been around the traps a bit are important 'cos they give you a benchmark to measure the young guys against. And there's also the chance you might need them one day, Jason O'Halloran-style.

Tom Coventry taking some mates to Oirish:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-and-hurricanes-super-rugby-assistant-coaches

It's a shame for him, not for ABs

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^ agree, he'll probably regret signing that France contract when he did & not adding an out-clause in the (at the time highly unlikely) event he got an AB recall.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I could still walk you through the place like it was yesterday. May be I should type out the whole days events as "therapy". Getting off-topic here but I reckon this forum could do with a "Blogs" section, where members can chunder out their off-topic rubbish eg "12 Years Old and Still Lost in the Abattoir"

Rugby Discussion
Rugby Matches
Everything Else
Members Blogs

(still not entirely sure what a "blog" is but that's a minor detail to be ironed out later)
Could be worse. Might have said Blogger's Member.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
^^^^ agree, he'll probably regret signing that France contract when he did & not adding an out-clause in the (at the time highly unlikely) event he got an AB recall.

It was definitely a cruel twist of fate, the timing of all of that. Not many guys get a real second chance with the ABs and the specific window of time you're referring to almost definitely looked like his window.