• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep and also Ardie seems to be going for 7s next year, which will mean he will have to trim down too much to play loosie at international level. Interestingly enough I can see him and Cane playing the same as Hooper/Pocock did last week in a few years, but maybe A Ioane might stuff up those plans too!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Gotta say I'll be pissed off if they take SBW but only 3 x locks.

would grate alright. Picking SBW now, after he hasnt fired a single shot all year, and made a bumbling grubbering spacco-tillered fool of himself in Bled 1, would sent the nation apoplectic. Fair Play. Clearly just included for PR bullshit photo ops and assorted media bollox

Crotty is stuffed though, unsighted, not going.

I'd take Naholo and his jungle voodoo leg before SBW.

Also would take half-crippled C.Jane ahead of him.

Or even Pat Osbourne.

Who cares if the position is worng when SBW is just gonna sub onto the wing for 7 mins anyway.

really though we fret over these 31st jokers but really who gives a shit, theyre gonna ride the pine or sit in the bloody stands.

although not entirely groundless frettage I suppose, re: 2007 quarter final horror show, Carter off, Evans off, Mc***ster binned, who wound up finishing the game at 1st 5, Tasesa Lavea's mum wasnt it?

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
SBW doesn't deserve to go. it might not mean much if he does but then again we never expected our 4th 1st 5 to be playing.

If he doesnt, will it destabilise the squad? probably not because they are used to haveing him around but it may mean someone taking acntract overseas due to being let go.

IF SBW was playing to a decent standard it wouldnt be a problem but it does make a mockery of AB tradition, heritage, Marketing, PR etc if he does get on the plane.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Laulala hasn't really put a foot wrong so can't see why they'd drop him for Faumuina. Particularly as Faumuina is the weaker scrummager.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
TBH I haven't looked at the squad or tried to figure out the breakdown position-by-position. Just assumed it was an either/or choice between the two. Even if it isn't, taking a guy who hasn't played for a few months isn't ideal. But then neither is trying to make B.Franks play at tighthead.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So it's been confirmed Messam and DBW in 7s squad for next year, so Chiefs will lose them for season, Canes have Ardie Savea and Blues Akira Ioane. Any others that come in will probably play up to round 10, may miss one or 2 other games.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Apparently WOB, he not too interested in playing 7s. I imagine Vito would be a bit pissed, with Ardie Savea being picked he can't be named in 7s now.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Apparently Tietjens still has a 'long list' of 50 odd players who have expressed an interest, and who may be added to the squad after the NPC and, possibly, test seasons.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Herald today.
If Charlie Faumuina can manage to get on the field for Auckland this week - and he is expected to - he'll be one of the five props taken to England.
The All Blacks have missed his power and despite not having played for three months, Faumuina has stayed on top of his conditioning and is in good nick.
Hansen has said that good players will miss out and Slade and Dagg look like being the two, with one of Jane, Piutau and Milner-Skudder joining them.

ps, turns out Money Bill has had his squad spot reserved the whole time.
Hansen:
"We won't play him before the World Cup. We will look to manage his workload and there are going to [be ]opportunities for him to play at the World Cup.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
SBW doesn't deserve to go. it might not mean much if he does but then again we never expected our 4th 1st 5 to be playing.

If he doesnt, will it destabilise the squad? probably not because they are used to haveing him around but it may mean someone taking acntract overseas due to being let go.

IF SBW was playing to a decent standard it wouldnt be a problem but it does make a mockery of AB tradition, heritage, Marketing, PR etc if he does get on the plane.

Grubs, I not sure SBW has played as badly as some of us think, I would discount the Sydney test, as noone from A Smith out (NMS Excepted of course) did. I not a SBW fan, but I suspect he may go because Shag likes his defence as much as anything.