• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Drums are beating for R.Ioane and J Barrett......

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...rdie-barrett-close-to-making-all-blacks-squad

"Ioane prefered over Fekitoa for last bench spot" although Crotty's injury might change that. The midfield is a minefield compared to the tenured days of Nonu and CSmith

some real conundrums in there. Ofa picked to make the squad ahead of N.Laulala even though he's spent entire season picking his nose on the bench wft

All 3 Barretts to make it? (had to google what happened to the 4th, Kane, the flanker, turns out he had to retire a couple of years ago in his mid 20's from concussion. His last team? The BLUES). Poor wee DMackenzie sounds usurped by Jbarrett already. And once the Barrett kid gets in, he already looks like a Rolls Royce Silver Phantom coming off the assembly line with a 10 year tenured warrantee.....

Akula

Herbert Moran (7)
A Kane Barrett comeback may happen I am told. Watch for Blake as well, has been playing some very good rugby at openside for his club, and will likely play for Taranaki this year.

Not to mention the other 3. Just not fair how much talent there is in that family.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
A Kane Barrett comeback may happen I am told. Watch for Blake as well, has been playing some very good rugby at openside for his club, and will likely play for Taranaki this year.

Not to mention the other 3. Just not fair how much talent there is in that family.

What did his father have against passing on X chromosomes? I have long suspected the NZRU are into some freaky sex-selecting secret IVF program.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Poor wee DMackenzie sounds usurped by Jbarrett already. And once the Barrett kid gets in, he already looks like a Rolls Royce Silver Phantom coming off the assembly line with a 10 year tenured warrantee...

When I first saw Mackenzie in U20s I tipped him as the next big thing: how was I to know about the Barrett's? Beauden hadn't shown all that much at that stage and DM was a freak.
I think Fekitoa is excellent but he's become a bit of penalty magnet by all black standards.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
When I first saw Mackenzie in U20s I tipped him as the next big thing: how was I to know about the Barrett's? Beauden hadn't shown all that much at that stage and DM was a freak.

I think Fekitoa is excellent but he's become a bit of penalty magnet by all black standards.

If Jordie Barrett has ursuped McKenzie then the guy has the right to be a little aggrieved. Dmac has been the most dynamic Super Rugby player for the last 2 years. He may not be 6-3/110kg but who would you rather have in your team?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If Jordie Barrett has ursuped McKenzie then the guy has the right to be a little aggrieved. Dmac has been the most dynamic Super Rugby player for the last 2 years. He may not be 6-3/110kg but who would you rather have in your team?

You're kidding?
We have Hawera and Garden Fishshop playing in our super teams - I'll take who ever you don't want.
Dmac would not be a test fullback, I wouldn't have thought and he hasn't played 10 for a while.
So I think Bogan and whoever is presently 2nd may keep him out of test rugby.
But I am happy that there is some chance my hunch may be right in the long run.

Akula

Herbert Moran (7)
Not sold on D Mac at test level to be honest. Great at super level but lack of height in particular is a liability. Less space at test level as well.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
yeah not sold either, less space is right, he's alos a real liability to getting ragdolled if isolated after one of his mazy runs. Can see him doing a Cruden by this time next year and getting his agent on the blower. Two key & killer Chiefs, Cruden and Dmac, forced offshore by the Barrett Black Ops Death Star Death Squad

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
yeah not sold either, less space is right, he's alos a real liability to getting ragdolled if isolated after one of his mazy runs. Can see him doing a Cruden by this time next year and getting his agent on the blower. Two key & killer Chiefs, Cruden and Dmac, forced offshore by the Barrett Black Ops Death Star Death Squad
Has he disqualified himself from selection by other countries?
Wonder if Pauline Hanson would support rugby refugees?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Beauden was man of the series if I recall correctly at the U20s championship in 2011. In any case, he was outstanding playing at 15. Since then, he had been playing very good rugby at 10 and 15 for the Hurricanes but being behind Carter, Dagg and co he perhaps didn't get the accolades he deserved, especially by the NZ fans. I remember posting in 2015 that I thought he would be one of the certain starters for the ABs in the following years only to be enlightened by the NZ fans here that he was well behind Cruden and perhaps a couple of others.

I think BB has always shown the potential, skills and nous to rise to the top and now deserves to be mentioned with the very greats.

Akula

Herbert Moran (7)
BB played at 15 for the 2011 NZ U20s because they also had Gareth Anscombe and Lima Sopoaga in the squad. Solved the problem by playing Anscombe at 10, Sopoaga at 12 and BB at 15. Had the other two not been there he would have likely have played at 10.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's pretty stiff competition when Damian McKenzie can't make the squad.

No room for Fekitoa, Milner-Skudder, Luatua, Todd or Havili either.

DBwgvKoU0AAAY7T.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Backs:

Halfbacks
Tawera Kerr-Barlow (Waikato, 25)
TJ Perenara (Wellington, 29)
Aaron Smith (Manawatu, 58)

First five-eighths
Beauden Barrett (Taranaki, 49)
Aaron Cruden (Manawatu, 47)
Lima Sopoaga (Southland, 6)

Midfielders
Ryan Crotty (Canterbury, 26)
Ngani Laumape (Manawatu, uncapped)
Anton Lienert-Brown (Waikato, 9)
Sonny Bill Williams (Counties Manukau, 33)

wft Fekitoa a goner. Crotty's fucken injured, Laumape might get biffed in, holy shit

Outside backs
Jordie Barrett (Taranaki, uncapped)
Israel Dagg (Hawke's Bay, 61)
Rieko Ioane (Auckland, 2)
Waisake Naholo (Taranaki, 12)
Julian Savea (Wellington, 52)
Ben Smith (Otago, 60)

Forwards:
Hookers
Dane Coles (Wellington, 49)
Codie Taylor (Canterbury, 15)
Nathan Harris (Bay of Plenty, 4)
Props
Wyatt Crockett (Canterbury, 58)
Charlie Faumuina (Auckland, 46)
Owen Franks (Canterbury, 90)
Joe Moody (Canterbury, 24)
Ofa Tu'ungafasi (Auckland, 4)
Locks
Scott Barrett (Taranaki, 4)
Brodie Retallick (Hawke's Bay, 60)
Luke Romano (Canterbury, 26)
Samuel Whitelock (Canterbury, 84)
Loose Forwards
Sam Cane (Bay of Plenty, 40)
Jerome Kaino (Auckland, 74)
Kieran Read, captain (Counties Manukau, 97)
Ardie Savea (Wellington, 12)
Liam Squire (Tasman, 8

Luatua, the form loosie, viciously shot in the face by Hansen. Kaino Read and Squire are all fucekn injured. So they just get to rock up and put on the jersey and run out. Lot of trust there. So what if Luatua's leaving, so are Cruden and Faiumaina.