• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tyrell Lomax is an interesting one. The bloke is 23 but has already been in professional programs with Brumbies, Rebels, Highlanders and is now off to the Hurricanes. I'm just curious why that would be.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tyrell Lomax is an interesting one. The bloke is 23 but has already been in professional programs with Brumbies, Rebels, Highlanders and is now off to the Hurricanes. I'm just curious why that would be.

I don't know about in Aus Jimmy, but main reason he swapping to Canes is his missus, she got job in Wellington. Oh and because he wanted to play for my team of course;)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
New Zealand Rugby Team Watch:

Beauden Barrett: back to 10. my brilleaux theory on Mounga minutes is Cartel are just covering themselves for a 2011-1st5 scenario and have no intention of seeing him usurp BB at RWC. Strictly precautionary starts. The work experience boy from the Rolls Royce pack. Plenty slagging RM off but I thought he went ok considering

Ben Smith: looks ooolllld. still, he's so goddamn redoubtable you'd trust him to come right

Jack Goodhue: he's good but is he RWC champion centre good? leaning towards no

Sonny Bill Williams: Will get injured playing for Counties. We've seen the last of him now. Thank fuck! Bring on ALB! (another who is "good" good but just doesnt seem RWC champion midfielder good.) Damnit the midfield is shit. Still at least its more imaginative than the SA's dogcrap options

Kieran Read: FFS guys, rugby is about smashing people in the fucking face and when you can no longer do that WE CAN ALL FUCKEN SEE IT. Look at Aus, biff a young stud like Naisarani in there and he's fucken fine. Picking your RWC 2019 captain in 2008? WFT. Treating the national team like a corporation with your preordained undroppable captain wheeled out at the apex of the mega-wanky contractually obligatory triangle haka just fucken reeks. Ardie now shits globs of goopy great awesomenewss all over Read. Basically Read's job is to sit there in press conferences like a stunned mullet while trying not to put his back out. They've just got to weigh Ardie's impacts vs who do they want in the absolute crucible of moments with the ball at their feet at the base of the scrum. Just to contradict myself, it still might be Read.

Matt Todd: Zero impact. He's just too fucken small.Still.

Shannon Frizell: Another zero impact. When he can't even get a start for the Landers ahead of Elliot Dixon Balls. WHO KNEW.

Owen Franks: What. The. Fuck. Hansen dropped Woodcock during 2015RWC and I'd bet he's pondering the very same question here. This guy does NOTHING. Zero impact and he still misses tackles. Compare him to the Irish props around the park and it's 2019 vs 1970's.

Codie Taylor/Dane Coles. One position in which NZ look like world fucken champions elect.

Vaea Fifita. I hope he's ok. It can get a bit chilly in Wellington at night time. Maybe he could ask his mummy to knit him a woolly black muffler, we wouldnt want him to come down with a chill THE FIRST TO BE CULLED WHEN SQUAD GOES FROM 38 TO 34. FUCKING. FIRST.

Dalton Papalii: looks to be in a scrap with Jacobsen in squad culling

Aaron Smith: still 2nd most VIP AB4RWC after Lurch I reckon. That pass. It's a RWC champion difference maker.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I thought Moody was worse than Coles, only made 4 tackles or something equally unnoticeable and dropped it cold a couple of times. Run him out against us in Perth please.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought Moody was worse than Coles
You mean Moody worse than Franks?

thats-unpossible.jpg

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
New Zealand Rugby Team Watch:

Kieran Read: FFS guys, rugby is about smashing people in the fucking face and when you can no longer do that WE CAN ALL FUCKEN SEE IT. Look at Aus, biff a young stud like Naisarani in there and he's fucken fine. Picking your RWC 2019 captain in 2008? WFT. Treating the national team like a corporation with your preordained undroppable captain wheeled out at the apex of the mega-wanky contractually obligatory triangle haka just fucken reeks. Ardie now shits globs of goopy great awesomenewss all over Read. Basically Read's job is to sit there in press conferences like a stunned mullet while trying not to put his back out. They've just got to weigh Ardie's impacts vs who do they want in the absolute crucible of moments with the ball at their feet at the base of the scrum. Just to contradict myself, it still might be Read.

giphy.gif

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
You'd have to think he'll follow his brother after Beaugan's presumed Japan sabbatical, else why sign under these terms?

I'd be really, really surprised -- and disappointed -- if a 22 y/o fringe outside back gets a sabbatical after doing the square root of f*ck all. Even R.Ioane getting one in that time frame wouldn't sit well.

As to why he has this deal, I'd say it's indicative of his wanting to go to another franchise (whoever that may be), but has been guilt tripped into staying in Wellington for another season.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
All Blacks squad for the Bledisloe Cup:
Forwards
Hookers: Dane Coles, Liam Coltman and Codie Taylor.
Props: Owen Franks, Nepo Laulala, Joe Moody, Atu Moli, Angus Ta'avao and Ofa Tuungafasi.
Locks: Scott Barrett, Jackson Hemopo, Patrick Tuipulotu and Samuel Whitelock.
Loose forwards: Sam Cane, Vaea Fifita, Luke Jacobson, Kieran Read, Ardie Savea and Matt Todd.
Backs
Halfbacks: TJ Perenara, Aaron Smith and Brad Weber.
First five-eighths: Beauden Barrett and Richie Mo'unga.
Midfielders: Jack Goodhue, Ngani Laumape, Anton Lienert-Brown and Sonny Bill Williams.
Utility backs: Braydon Ennor and Jordie Barrett.
Outside backs: George Bridge, Rieko Ioane, Sevu Reece and Ben Smith.
Pea hearted Ffsffita survives another cull. FFS is right. Un fucking believable.
pictured below, the actual moment Shag spies the latest shiny new thing, a Jacobsen, and casually tosses Dick Frizzle's inexplicable AB career on the scrapheap:​
benny.gif
Meanwhile, Elliot Dixon Balls, having kept crossword champ Frizzle mired on the Landers bench all season is like
raw

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dixon had his chance DP, and just went to pack at the top level, much to my surprise, just one of those players who is bloody good at just below the very top level I think!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dixon had his chance DP, and just went to pack at the top level, much to my surprise, just one of those players who is bloody good at just below the very top level I think!
yeah I agree but that won't stop Dixon thinking wft is going on with these Soup/Intnl selection policies.

Here we are about 10 minutes out from the RWC and the Cartel's top XV would seem to be close to:

1 Owen Franks. walks around huffing and puffing from first minute. can prop up a scrum. all other rugby skills are strictly 1975.
2 Codie Taylor in bold the only contenders for a world XV. how many do you need to win RWC? 7 at least?
3 Joe Moody. playing like shit
4 Retallick. will be in dogshit shape if he makes it
5 Whitelock.
6??? coaches still dont fucken know. you've had 4 years to replace Kaino, dumbarses. they just quietly ended Project Frizzle right on the eve of the World Cup.
7 Sam Cane. broken back
8 Kieran Read. damp squib
9 Aaron Smith
10 Beauden Barrett
11 Rieko Ioane Blues rugby season has left him dazed and confused. totally understandable.
12 Sonny Bill Williams. ffs
13 Crotty. will. break.
14 Ben Smith. suddenly looks 42
15 wait on who7s the fucken fullback?

Dan54, you're always optimistic, talk me down off the ledge here.....

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
C,mon DP
yeah I agree but that won't stop Dixon thinking wft is going on with these Soup/Intnl selection policies.

Here we are about 10 minutes out from the RWC and the Cartel's top XV would seem to be close to:

1 Owen Franks. walks around huffing and puffing from first minute. can prop up a scrum. all other rugby skills are strictly 1975.
2 Codie Taylor in bold the only contenders for a world XV. how many do you need to win RWC? 7 at least?
3 Joe Moody. playing like shit
4 Retallick. will be in dogshit shape if he makes it
5 Whitelock.
6??? coaches still dont fucken know. you've had 4 years to replace Kaino, dumbarses. they just quietly ended Project Frizzle right on the eve of the World Cup.
7 Sam Cane. broken back
8 Kieran Read. damp squib
9 Aaron Smith
10 Beauden Barrett
11 Rieko Ioane Blues rugby season has left him dazed and confused. totally understandable.
12 Sonny Bill Williams. ffs
13 Crotty. will. break.
14 Ben Smith. suddenly looks 42
15 wait on who7s the fucken fullback?

Dan54, you're always optimistic, talk me down off the ledge here...

C,mon DP, you like it on the ledge, I reckon you got cushion to sit on up there, you there so often:p, I reckon it not all that bad, mind you I don't expect us to win WC everytime anyway. My main worry is 6 ,but Squire packing up is main cause of that , see Scott B (though I thought Frizell was ok) , not concerned about Read, he going ok. Cane is looking pretty good and Ardie is world class I think, just where or how to use him. I actually think if all guns firing we in for a hell of a struggle in WC anyway, as rest of world mainly NH have come on bloody strong since 15 WC!!!
Don't stress mate, it sport, we win a f***ken lot, and then we will lose a few now and then. Anyway hope weather nice up on ledge, and don't slip, then you really do need to worry!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SBW got through 80 minutes for C-M in a game of three halves also involving BofP & Wellngton. Would just about double his total minutes for the year, one would think :).