• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ can't locate it but I seem to recall Auckland putting not quite 100 on some poor bastards back in the mid-80's when they were damn near unbeatable. KiwiM and/ or zer0 may be able to confirm.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ can't locate it but I seem to recall Auckland putting not quite 100 on some poor bastards back in the mid-80's when they were damn near unbeatable. KiwiM and/ or zer0 may be able to confirm.

Yep it seems to ring a bell here to WOB, in the 80s those buggers handed out some hidings, if you went to play them you sure had to take a few balls, because they never gave any teams enough ball to play with!! Trying to remember the score when the mighty Nua had a shield challenge up there, was at the one in Levin in 90s, but know they went up to Auckland in 80s, had a mate who played for the Nua always reckons it the best rugby experience he had.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Goodhue still having hamstring issues. They can hang around. Only 3 weeks out now. Might be in the stands for pool games. Time to call up Laumape AND Nonu for when Crotty AND SBW both hobble off.

kiddog.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ NZR Director & also on WR (World Rugby) Council so the Board will know exactly what they're getting & he knows exactly who & what he'll be dealing with day-to-day.

NotMeSir

Bob McCowan (2)
Still far enough away for big changes, but Yokohama weather forecast for 21 September is for 26 degrees (feeling like 23) and 6 hours of rain. Previous days also a lot of rain. So, cooler than usual.

If so, should nullify any heat+humidity acclimatisation advantage of the Boks. My read of the science suggests that the ABs will be two or so days away from full acclimatisation - with aerobic performance the last benefit to lock in, while the Boks will be fully "local" by game day.

So, maybe the weather gods will smile on the ABs.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Shannon Frizell has been brought into the squad.
His charmed life continues. First loosie dumped but now with Ffsffita and Papali'i out injured he gets to pick the Landers bench splinters from out of his arse, pack up his very, very best crossword puzzle book and cruise over to Japan to WATCH the RWC from the best damn seats in the house.

Some bloody guys.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Also they may as well send Nonu over RIGHT NOW in anticipation of Crotty's inevitable injury. Just have him stand outside AB hotel, in full AB kit, checking his watch, folding his arms looking staunch, staring at the hotel. Crotty will probably injure himself peeking out through the blinds.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
sounds like Sonny Food Bill Williams is rogered.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-have-the-all-blacks-lost-sonny-bill-williams

NOW WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBOLY GUESSED SUCH A THING WOULD COME TO PASS.

Thank Christ. Send over an actual rugby player please instead of the league passenger who's played about 3 games in the last 3 years interspersed with a long enough flirty cameo to fuck up the Lions series.

Why does that sound like he rogered? Isn't that just someone trying to make news, I mean he reckoned announcement would be made in a couple of hours! There will be plenty of more rumours , hell don't fall for them all mate it will drive you crazy!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"Assistant All Black coach Ian Foster said Williams is carrying an injury, but the team is doing a good job at managing it.

"Is he going home? No. Is he available for selection based on his progression last week? Then I think the answer is yes," said Foster.

"He's trained really well and got through it, and I think we said last week we had a progression plan for a number of the guys who brought niggles into the week and overall came through pretty good."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/rugb...williams-tournament-in-doubt-with-injury.html