• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Cane was the logical choice.

Whitelock skipped Super to play rugby in Japan and is showing signs of nearing the end of his career.

A Smith wasn't an option due to off field issues.

Coles is a hot head, close to the end of his career and probably the 2nd best hooker in the team.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
NZR are in the very early stages of talks with a private equity firm.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12330421

Seems to be in keeping with the community/ professional split they're working towards (or we're until laying off half their staff).

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12330615

That is most interesting reading and has the potential to change rugby a lot. If NZRU did distance itself in anyway from WR (World Rugby), could make it very interesting as I imagine they wouldn't be talking about NZ alone. I do take it all with a bit of scepticism though as it is the Hurld

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ as you know I'm a Hurld sceptic too & it's obviously very early days but the fact that it's not GP or Rattue trumpeting it as a done deal makes me think maybe it has legs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was incredibly interested watching the show hosted by Sumo Stevenson, on where they thought rugby may or may not head. Had a NZRU rep, player's agent , Rob Nichols from RPA and TJ Perenara. I know a rugby tragic but I find great hearing them saying what they thought going forward was, what some of problems now are etc etc. TJ had one real interesting idea, he says he would like to see one day (at end of Super or whatever), where every AB/Super player went back and had at least a part game for club, he was talking of extra ways to connect with community. Also they talked of College rugby , clubs,M10 etc etc, and how they can all survive together. Also was of interest to know that there are 300 odd professional players in NZ, and 400 odd NZ professional players in other parts of world!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/lat...ks-turn-their-backs-on-autumn-internationals/

"Dear Colonials.

"We are so very, very sorry over the massive financial hit the NZRFU will wear due to no NH sides coming down there for July internationals this season.

However, we still fully expect you to front up here in November, doff the forelock, smash the shit out of us on the pitch, hand over ALL 20 million pounds of matchday receipts, and then fuck off back to your stupid little islands empty-handed as per our usual annual arrangement.

"Thank you, hello, welcome, cash please, fuck you, goodbye and please remember to Know Your Place."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
SRSLY, and the UK media couch it all in language like "abandon" and "turn their backs". Total fucking hacks. No wonder Harry and Meghan, sorry, I mean "Yoko" shot through.

In Executive Summary, evidenced by UK media, and by every single member of the Planet Rugby message board, UK/Irish types present themselves in print as the most viciously unhappy and hostile people on earth. A Syrian refugee lying facedown in the rain in a puddle of muddied blood, bullet casings and orphan's teeth would be happier than your average wretched online uk git.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
SRSLY, and the UK media couch it all in language like "abandon" and "turn their backs". Total fucking hacks. No wonder Harry and Meghan, sorry, I mean "Yoko" shot through.

In Executive Summary, evidenced by UK media, and by every single member of the Planet Rugby message board, UK/Irish types present themselves in print as the most viciously unhappy and hostile people on earth. A Syrian refugee lying facedown in the rain in a puddle of muddied blood, bullet casings and orphan's teeth would be happier than your average wretched online uk git.

When i lived in Blighty i was always struck by how self deprecating their media is. They love nothing more than to tear their own down violently - particularly sportsmen and women.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)