• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
NZR want to sell not the jersey sponsorship rights for all National rep teams, but the right to on-sell jersey sponsorship rights to a single investor (potentially a Japanese or US advertising agency) who will hopefully pay $300Mn for the privilege:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...nvestor-for-big-money-jersey-sponsorship.html

Massive opportunity for Gunston Global Marketing, I'd have thought :)
For sure.

Gunston
Networks
And
Developmental
Subsidiaries

Might not fit on the jersey so just go with the acronym.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
As an aside, seems a match day diet issue might've been the main reason for Tuipulotu's inconsistencies.

The facts showed that when he joined the All Blacks he was at the desired fitness level and it was when saying those numbers on paper and then seeing how he performed in games something didn't add up. Hansen had told him they would find out what the problem was because he could see that Tuipulotu was fit enough.

"I talked to the nutritionist and had a plan around eating more, more carbs on game day and talking to [trainer] Nic Gill and having a programme around making sure my body is right, even down to coming in at halftime and staying warm on a bike. Little things like that helped. It's just a pity that I had to find that out now and not before," he said. Tuipulotu said once the change was made the effects were almost immediately obvious and it was a case of just waiting for his chance to play.

"That all married up with the Bledisloe Cup week, there was a lot of edge and everything happened," he said.

https://www.allblacks.com/news/more-carbs-the-key-to-tuipulotu-boost/

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Anyone brave enough to name a potential All Blacks team for the Bledisloe at the end of the season (Hopefully).

Here’s mine:

1. Karl Tu’inukuafi
  2. Cody Taylor
  3. Atu Moli
  4. Sam Whitelock
  5. Scott Barrett
  6. Ardie Savea
  7. Sam Cane ©
  8. Marino Mikaele Tu'u
  9. Aaron Smith
  10. Beauden Barrett
  11. Reiko Ioane
  12. Anton Linert Brown
  13. Jack Goodhue
  14. Sevu Reece
  15. Damian Mckenzie
  16. Dane Coles
  17. Joe Moody
  18. Ofa Tuungafasi
  19. Patrick Tuipolotu
  20. Hoskins Sotutu
  21. TJ Perenara
  22. Richie Mo’unga
  23. Will Jordan

Good opportunity to revamp the team and give some new guys a go.

Keeping the likes of Quinn Tupaea, Caleb Clarke, Josh Ioane, Asofa Aumua and Walker-Leawere very close on the fringes as development players (I think all five will be heavily involved in the next world cup).

Thoughts?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
  1. Ofa
  2. Cody Taylor
  3. Atu Moli
  4. Sam Whitelock
  5. Scott Barrett Pat T
  6. Ardie SaveaBig Red
  7. Sam Cane ©
  8. Marino Mikaele Tu'uSotutu. fuck getting slapped around by the beefy poms in another rwc semi, we now go with this MASSIVE forward pack
  9. Aaron Smith
  10. Beauden BarrettMounga
  11. Reiko Ioane ?
  12. Anton Linert Brown/Goodhue
  13. Jack GoodhueRieko
  14. Sevu Reece
  15. Damian MckenzieBeaudy
  16. Dane Coles
  17. Joe Moody
  18. Ofa TuungafasiT.lomax
  19. Patrick TuipolotuScrote Barrett ffs
  20. Hoskins SotutuArdie
  21. TJ Perenara
  22. Richie Mo’ungagoodhue/Alb
  23. Will Jordan

what i7d like to see anyway

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
  1. Ofa
  2. Cody Taylor
  3. Atu Moli
  4. Sam Whitelock
  5. Scott Barrett Pat T
  6. Ardie SaveaBig Red
  7. Sam Cane ©
  8. Marino Mikaele Tu'uSotutu. fuck getting slapped around by the beefy poms in another rwc semi, we now go with this MASSIVE forward pack
  9. Aaron Smith
  11. Reiko Ioane ?
  13. Jack GoodhueRieko
  14. Sevu Reece
  16. Dane Coles
  17. Joe Moody
  20. Hoskins SotutuArdie
  21. TJ Perenara
  23. Will Jordan

Not big enough. The Maori mountains of Pari Pari (6'7 & 120 kg) and Izzy from Gizzy (6'6 & 120 kg) as the locks. Patty T (6'6 & 120 kg) at blindside. Scott Barrett (6'5 & 110 kg) at openside. Retallicka (6'8 & 124 kg) at #8.

EDIT: And for the backs, sex pest Smith at halfback for some hustle, Laumape at 12 for some more "f*ck you, get outta my way" route 1 rugby, your brown fulla of choice at #11, liberally sprinkle first-fives across the rest of backline, then just kick everything until you're inside the opposition's 40, ala the Blackadder Crusaders.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Maori mountains of Pari Pari (6'7 & 120 kg)

Jesus, he's that big? He plays like he's 6"2/95 kg with hunched shoulders from spending the last 5 years on the fucken playstation. Not sold.

Moli's out? Nepo Laulala too? Oh well, Akira shouldve packed on the required pounds by now to do a job at plop. (not typo)

Ofa
Cody Taylor
Akira

BBBR
Pat T

Big Red
Sam Cane ©
Sotutu

fuckkking huuuuge

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
  1. Ofa
  2. Cody Taylor
  3. Atu Moli
  4. Sam Whitelock
  5. Scott Barrett Pat T
  6. Ardie SaveaBig Red
  7. Sam Cane ©
  9. Aaron Smith
  11. Reiko Ioane ?
  13. Jack GoodhueRieko
  14. Sevu Reece
  16. Dane Coles
  17. Joe Moody
  20. Hoskins SotutuArdie
  21. TJ Perenara
  23. Will Jordan/Dmac

I actually like the look obviously with a few changes, and can handle the idea of Pat T starting as you say I think he starting to realsie how f***en big and scarey (and fast) he is. Can handle big Red at 6 but would also be happy with either Sotutu, Tu'u ot even maybe Grace if he keeps coming on in 6 depends who at 8. Ardie can come off bench where ever . I also don't mind the idea we get some big Huas out there and beat some bastards up, then let the little fellas run over what's left!!
We played nice with wallabies for too long!!!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ardie can come off bench where ever

yeah he'll probably start because seniority etc but on D he's so small he doesnt really seem to make enough dominant tackles. Big Red OTOH is a giant mental on D looking to fuck peoples shit up and scrag them backwards for the whole 80.

All provincial bias aside;

6 Big Red/Papalii/Cane
7 Cane/Papalii
8 Sotutu/Akiraffs

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
9 S.Expest
10 Richie Mo’unga (although ffs I might STILL rather have Cruden there)
11 Will Jordan. (is the kid ready? i get the feeling this guy was born ready)
12 ALBrown/Lumpy
13 Rieko Ioane/Jack Goodhue
14 Sevu Reece
15 Beauden Barrett

21 TJ Perenara
22 Lumpy/ALB/Goodhue
23 Lumpy/ALB/Goodhue (already plenty of FB cover in 1st XV)

do not want DMac anywhere near All Black test match rugby. Not the stage to be trying out your "thrilling" sideways running and hospital passing shtick in own 22.

Boy George C.Scott Bridge to Hamilton can bugger off too. Straight up cannot beat his man. Found out. He shouldve been giving Goodhue a hand shandy in the sheds after every match for making him look so bloody good for a season

Waratah

Frank Row (1)
SRSLY, and the UK media couch it all in language like "abandon" and "turn their backs". Total fucking hacks. No wonder Harry and Meghan, sorry, I mean "Yoko" shot through.

In Executive Summary, evidenced by UK media, and by every single member of the Planet Rugby message board, UK/Irish types present themselves in print as the most viciously unhappy and hostile people on earth. A Syrian refugee lying facedown in the rain in a puddle of muddied blood, bullet casings and orphan's teeth would be happier than your average wretched online uk git.

Or Australian rugby supporter

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
9 S.Expest
10 Richie Mo’unga (although ffs I might STILL rather have Cruden there)
11 Will Jordan. (is the kid ready? i get the feeling this guy was born ready)
12 ALBrown/Lumpy
13 Rieko Ioane/Jack Goodhue
14 Sevu Reece
15 Beauden Barrett

21 TJ Perenara
22 Lumpy/ALB/Goodhue
23 Lumpy/ALB/Goodhue (already plenty of FB cover in 1st XV)

do not want DMac anywhere near All Black test match rugby. Not the stage to be trying out your "thrilling" sideways running and hospital passing shtick in own 22.

Boy George C.Scott Bridge to Hamilton can bugger off too. Straight up cannot beat his man. Found out. He shouldve been giving Goodhue a hand shandy in the sheds after every match for making him look so bloody good for a season

Don't think you been watching DMac this year DP, he was Chiefs best back on Saturday, and reckon he looked ok earlier on, somthing Gatland reckoned too. He actually looking like a player who can cover 15 or 10 now! I really like what Reiko can bring to 13 if he keeps on with how he been going, but f*** me we got some talent in midfield!! Need a few more weeks obviously, but it strating to look not bad.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Did anyone watch Breakdown from last night? How the hell is NZ rugby going to go ahead when the CEO of NZRU finishes an interview and has to bugger off to coach his son's school team? A CEO of a rugby union coaching a school team?? What's the world coming too?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Did anyone watch Breakdown from last night? How the hell is NZ rugby going to go ahead when the CEO of NZRU finishes an interview and has to bugger off to coach his son's school team? A CEO of a rugby union coaching a school team?? What's the world coming too?

That's awesome!