• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Ok, I just watched the same test as you guys I thought, but obviously didn't.
I thought the Wallabies went well, but really don't think the scoreline was an injustice. Did I think the Wallabies were unlucky that the TMO saw the shoulder by Hayden Petty, yep did I think it stopped the try, NO, which made it so bloody stupid!! Regardless of what Kafe and Kearnsie says, I pretty sure you can't take player out behind the play. Geez I would be so pissed at Hayden Petty if I was a Wallaby supporter.
I think the Wallabies played a lot better tonight, but if we are honest they were quite some way of the play in the end, but if everyone wants to just try and decide that the game was lost because Speight didn't get awarded the try...

Try and explain to me how obstruction can occur a meter behind play? There was no way in hell he was catching Speight. Not a chance. Plus this is fucking rugby for tits sake, you can nudge someone with your shoulder and not be pulled up for a penalty. The AB's get away with murder regularly.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can I also add I thought the Phipps/Foley axis worked bloody well, did anyone honestly say during game where is Genia??

Foley was great, except for that penalty kick... ugh...

When Phipps was passing off the deck, we were lightning. When he was stepping ala the scrum clearance charge down, we were poor.

Frisby. Well. He was. . . . um . . .

101.gif

poor.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Risking wrath here but I view "that" TMO call differently. To me, in the couple of replays showed on Sky TV, the Australian player clearly ran a line designed to make contact with the All Black and he did so. The only reason he'd be doing this was to impede the tackle. I don't believe the tackle could have been made anyway, but does that nullify the action? Not in my view.

I say this as someone who was desperately wanting an Australian victory.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok, so even without the incompetent officiating and the kiwi crowd'S lack of good taste we would have lost any way.
I am pleased to hear kiwis in oz are moving back there. Improves the average iq in both countries.

I love it when your true feelings come out about kiwis IS!! :D;)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
First time poster long time lurker here.

I believe this sort of attitude is what is wrong with rugby in Australia.From what i seen the Wallabies once again fell apart in the last 20 odd mins.Feel free to post more Phil Kearns hyperbole instead of addressing issues within Australian rugby.
If you've really been lurking that long then you'd know that the poster of the post you responded to is valued and occasionally makes tongue in cheek comments and currently is deservedly pissed off with the officials.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Risking wrath here but I view "that" TMO call differently. To me, in the couple of replays showed on Sky TV, the Australian player clearly ran a line designed to make contact with the All Black and he did so. The only reason he'd be doing this was to impede the tackle. I don't believe the tackle could have been made anyway, but does that nullify the action? Not in my view.

I say this as someone who was desperately wanting an Australian victory.

Exactly Mank, really a stupid move by HP, because I didn't think Savea would of caught Speights anyway!!

Upthenuts

Jim Clark (26)
"Brilliant = very bright, dazzling, exceptionally clever, or talented", disco.

Tonight, Israel Folau has been none of those. Your standards at the national level appear to be lower than mine. But, you are probably much younger than me, so you have less 'Rugby years' to compare with!!
I therefore forgive you for making that stupid comment.
question for the aussie fans, woukd any if you take folau over ben smith if both could play fir the wallabies?

A

All Black Magic

Ok, so even without the incompetent officiating and the kiwi crowd'S lack of good taste we would have lost any way.
I am pleased to hear kiwis in oz are moving back there. Improves the average iq in both countries.

I think you got the quote backwards ..

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Risking wrath here but I view "that" TMO call differently. To me, in the couple of replays showed on Sky TV, the Australian player clearly ran a line designed to make contact with the All Black and he did so.

It is one of those calls that gets greater focus because it results in a try.

Toward halftime, when the ABs were juggling the ball around, Timani is tracking an AB ball carrier. As he gets tackled, Timani makes a line toward where the gate is going to form - Owen Franks grabs him and pushes him away.

No TMO review because play broke down a couple of phases later and the half finished. It could result in a penalty, sure. But it isn't in the right context for that stage of the game.

EDIT: if Savea had NOT waved his arms at the ref so hard, and managed to tackle Speight, then we scored anyway, what does anyone think the chances of it being awarded are, versus going back for the obstruction?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Frisby played better than Phipps did when Phipps came off because the pack was tired and fucked.

Foley, Folau, Pocock, Arnold and DHP played well. If QC (Quade Cooper) played this game and missed those kicks though, the flower brigade would crucify him.

Effort - that's what the guys put out there and it was what's been missing.

Nigel did not referee that game well.

Hodge needs to work on accuracy - pointless having a big boot if he's not going to slot them over.

Wallabies should still be disappointed though because their finishing is absolutely Rubbish and they left a lot of points out there.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Try and explain to me how obstruction can occur a meter behind play? There was no way in hell he was catching Speight. Not a chance. Plus this is fucking rugby for tits sake, you can nudge someone with your shoulder and not be pulled up for a penalty. The AB's get away with murder regularly.

So if say BSmith has the ball & is ~1m in front of say IFolau & I'm ~1m behind Iszy I can take him out & it's not a penalty? Really? All DHP has to do is hold his line & there's no dramas, Wobs score & fair enough. But instead he checks Savea & at that point it doesn't matter whether he'd have made the tackle or not, it's obstruction. While we're on the subject, how was Phipps taking Coles out not at least a penalty?

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
HOw can it be obstruction if it wasnt part of the play? he was a meter behind and not going to touch him.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
If QC (Quade Cooper) played this game and missed those kicks though, the flower brigade would crucify him .
That's just crap. 98% of the people on here are mature enough to give credit where credits due and not some preconceived opinion. If the 'flower brigade' are the other 2%, then fair enough.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Of course obstruction can occur behind play, are you telling me if an All Black got an intercept or something and another AB stopped someone chasing him you wouldn't be screaming? That is why it was so bloody stupid, if you going to take players out, at least make sure you do it with someone where it will amke a difference!! Perhaps I am wrong and in Australia there is a different law that says obstruction can only happen in FRONT of play, by all means show it to me and I will apologise.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Of course obstruction can occur behind play, are you telling me if an All Black got an intercept or something and another AB stopped someone chasing him you wouldn't be screaming? That is why it was so bloody stupid, if you going to take players out, at least make sure you do it with someone where it will amke a difference!! Perhaps I am wrong and in Australia there is a different law that says obstruction can only happen in FRONT of play, by all means show it to me and I will apologise.

Yes i am saying exactly that. No fucking way does Owens call the same penalty against the AB's. Not in a million years. Everyone knows it. Even most Kiwi posters on here acknowledge he's insanely biased towards the Kiwis. Stop trying to justify a bullshit decision. This is the kind of shit that ruins the legitimacy of world rugby and why the game is shedding viewers and crows. This. exact. bullshit.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Am I wrong or was there 6 tries scored to 1? Does anyone think looking at how easy some of the AB tries were (look at Lienert-Browns, and TJ's) might give you more clues to why the ABs won by so much!! Hell I been reading on this very forum how the Poms didn't really win their series against the Wallabies because they scored less tries!!
I not getting at Wallabies , but FFS fellas wake up, Barrett couldn't throw a kick over tonight, and I thought played quite average, yet he was supposedly the main difference between the teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.