• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Argentina, Nov 28, 2020

New Zealand vs Argentina Nov 28, 2020

• I hope they both lose.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I'm negative like that.

• NZ 72-3

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • GO ARGENTINA

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I want the All Blacks to win.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I want the All Blacks to win so they keep putzbrain Fozzie and continue to lose for years to comeLOL

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Argentina to win a tight one

• NZ to win a tight one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZ to win by 20+

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Another draw please.

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Argentina National Team Representational GIF:

giphy.gif

New Zealand National Team
Representational GIF:

giphy.gif

All Black coach Ian Foster seen here hurriedly searching
for any of Wayne Smith's old notes on what the hell to do
about a rush defense.

Date: Saturday 28 November 2020, 7:45pm
Venue: Newcastle, Sydney, Straya.

Newcastle-2.jpg

Pictured here, Phil Kearns Tears Resalination Plant, Newcastle Branch. Plant pumps currently working around the clock to resalinate/replenish the tears reservoir in time for NSFW Waratahs 2021 season.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I am extremely conflicted over this match.

An NZ win is little more than a pinky's dab of palliative salve on the filthy great air-sucking chest wound that is Fozzie's tenure. "Fozzie won the Tri Nations! Fozzie is instant trophy collector and born winner!"

Meanwhile, actively rooting for the All Blacks to lose a rugby football test match is so stupid and disgraceful that I want to cockpunch myself in the brains for even entertaining the notion of such a treasonous narrative.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
ABs to win the Trinations from here with a comfortable victory over a flagging Pumas.

Yeah I'm not so sure Nick. The sensible for thing for Foster to do would be to run out largely the same team (pretty close to their best) and give them the opportunity to regroup, the alternate thesis would be to make wholesale changes. Both scenarios could go pear.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
There needs to be some changes - the so called best XV has big flaws.

They are currently running a loose forward trio of 2 opensides and a non physical 6....asking for trouble against a physical Pumas outfit.

The AB right wing is not a winger - he's actually a 12 but this coaching staff doesn't have the vision/sense to play him there.

Vaai needs to start at lock. Was absolutely fine when he started at Eden Park.

Expect to see Scott Barrett and Perenara return though.

Another huge problem is the ABs attack - their phase attack in the last test was horrendous - you'd hope with 2 weeks to prepare and 2 Argie tests to analyse they can come up with SOMETHING.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Having no idea who is available:

1 Moody
2 Taylor
3 Laulala
4 Whitelock
5 Vaa'i
6 Akira
7 Cane (skipper)
8 Sotutu
9 Smith
10 Beaugan
11 Rieko
12 ALB
13 Goodhue
14 Bridge
15 Jordie

16 Amua
17 Karl
18 Lomax
19 Grace
20 Papalii
21 Weber
22 Mounga
23 McKenzie

Wilson

David Codey (61)

An NZ win is little more than a pinky's dab of palliative salve on the filthy great air-sucking chest wound that is Fozzie's tenure. "Fozzie won the Tri Nations! Fozzie is instant trophy collector and born winner!"

Worth noting an NZ win only locks up the Tri Nations if it's a bonus point win. Anything less leaves Australia and Argentina paths to take it. Technically even a bonus point win to NZ leaves the others with a mathematical chance, but it would require something like a 100 point win to overcome the points difference.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

1 Moody
2 Taylor
3 Laulala
4 Whitelock
5 Vaa'i
6 Akira
7 Cane (skipper)
8 Sotutu
9 Smith
10 Beaugan
11 Rieko
12 ALB
13 Goodhue
14 Bridge
15 Jordie

16 Amua
17 Karl
18 Lomax
19 Grace
20 Papalii
21 Weber
22 Mounga
23 McKenzie
If you aren’t starting Savea surely he would be #20?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If you aren’t starting Savea surely he would be #20?

Good point.

Tho if the ABs aren't in control of a Pumas outfit in its third straight week of Test footy by the time the reserve flanker comes on, things have not gone well enough for them to make a difference.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Bridge is out for months.

Rieko or Jordan should be 14 with the other taking DMac's spot.

Also - i'm a fan of Grace but I wouldn't have him covering lock - he's only 190cm tall.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)

1 Moody
2 Taylor
3 Laulala
4 Whitelock
5 Vaa'i
6 Akira
7 Cane (skipper)
8 Sotutu
9 Smith
10 Beaugan
11 Rieko
12 ALB
13 Goodhue
14 Bridge
15 Jordie

16 Amua
17 Karl
18 Lomax
19 Grace
20 Papalii
21 Weber
22 Mounga
23 McKenzie

What are you smoking?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Also - i'm a fan of Grace but I wouldn't have him covering lock - he's only 190cm tall.

I think both your locks need to get through 80 because Tuipolotou is horribly out of form, and it isn't going to matter with your current scrum unit anyway.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

Meanwhile, actively rooting for the All Blacks to lose a rugby football test match is so stupid and disgraceful that I want to cockpunch myself in the brains for even entertaining the notion of such a treasonous narrative.

Fuck that noise. Sign me up and punish me hard for treason, daddy. I am firmly on los bandwaganos; both for this match the the 3N in general.

In saying that, this is a delicate time for the ABs in which we need to purge the dross while preserving the diamonds for post-2021. In an ideal world, it'd be a paddling for most of the forwards, save Akira, Sotutu, and Vaa'i (and Papali'i if he plays). I am confident none of them will stand for these sort of shenanigans as they are hard working northern types, and not tenured southron softies.

And an extra hard paddlin' for New Zealand rugby union football national representative captain, one Samuel Jordan Cane. Pablo, pls make him your bitch. Again.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I think both your locks need to get through 80 because Tuipolotou is horribly out of form, and it isn't going to matter with your current scrum unit anyway.

There's also Scott Barrett - i'm not a huge fan but he's certainly a preferable bench lock option to Grace.

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
ABs to win the Trinations from here with a comfortable victory over a flagging Pumas.

Speculation -with information- among Espn commentators (who have a reporter in Australia with access to the Los Pumas campus):

15. Santiago Cordero
14. Ramiro Moyano
13. Juan Cruz Mallía
12. Jerónimo de La Fuente
11. Sebastián Cancelliere
10. Domingo Miotti
9. Gonzalo Bertranou
8. Facundo Isa
7. Santiago Grondona / Tomás Lezana
6. Pablo Matera / Tomás Lezana
5. Matías Alemanno / Marcos Kremer
4. Guido Petti / Marcos Kremer
3. Santiago Medrano
2. Julián Montoya
1. Mayco Vivas

Apparently, the performance-skill gap between the starters of the first two games with respect to their replacements would be smaller than the gap in physical and mental-emotional "freshness"

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well f*** anyone who claims to be an AB supporter who doesn't want them to win so they can have their little hissy fits satisfied. I want them to win as always regardless of who is coaching, I was never a fan of Mitchell/Deans combo, but NEVER wanted the ABs to lose.
I hope they just go out there and fix the problems from last test. I am wondering what has happened to Codie Taylor, was one of best 2s in world last year, and just gone to pack this year. Prefer starting Sotutu at 8, like Akira to get a run at 6 , but the Argies will get him swinging and trying to show how he used to beat up 3rd formers at college if they stir him up. Really not sure about back up 9 TJ is well off form , and personally the back up 9 and the one to take over from Smith is running around with funny hair do playing for Hawke eyes. Probably play BB at 10 because RM gets stuffed up a bit with rush defences, mind you if forwards do job, shouldn't be a problem. But in saying that I got no idea how they training etc, so will wait and see.