• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

No 2013 Scarf Awards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I've just recently returned from a new baby imposed hiatus and realised there were no Scarf Awards for 2013, or none that I could find. Is it too late or did it just get a bit old hat?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ah sleepless nights. I remember those a long time ago.

Happy to have that little delight in the Jarse rear view mirrors.

Welcome back to the threads @scoey.

IIRC it was @Swat that orchestrated the 2012 G&GR awards, and did a magnificent job at it if I might add.

I also think that the awards were conducted in Jan/Feb period.

Expecting anything other than holidays, beer and "cricket on the radio" from mid December to Australia Day is a rather futile exercise.

Have patience.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Anyone who cares to start this, following the format of last year, feel free. I am away, so not really in a position to do it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Anyone who cares to start this, following the format of last year, feel free. I am away, so not really in a position to do it.

Roger. I will have a look at what was done last year when I'm on a PC and maybe have a crack.
I'll have a chat to Swat also as I remember it, he did a sterling job and may be keen to continue carrying the mantle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Sounds good. We usually run a nomination thread then put it to votes. You know, like the moderator that everyone kinda loves, that sort of thing.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Some shameless self promotion @cyclo?

from the archives
Award categories from 2012 were:

The Sam Worthington Award for best avatar.
The <insert sponsors name> award for the Thread of The Year.
The Lee Grant Award for the Most Knowledgeable Poster/Blogger
The Oprah's Book Club Award for poster you always want to read.
The Dingospeak award for most confusing poster.
The Cyclops Award for most one-eyed poster.
The Nathan Sharpe Award for poster you want to buy a beer.
The Yellow Scarf of Friendship for best international poster.
The Joe Ansbro and Alasdair Strokosch joint award for constantly butting heads.
The Honey Badger Meat Pie award for funniest poster.
The Michael Hooper award for Rookie of the Year.
The Gold Scarf for poster of the year.

No real reason to change these categories for the 2013 awards is there?

The basic methodology used previously is that the competition administration staff open a thread called G&GR Scarf Awards 2013.
Individual threads are then created for Gaggerlanders to nominate in each category.
After some time, the nominations are tallied up, and then individual voting threads are created for each category, with a vote counter for the successful candidates.

The administrators then coordinate the Independent vote count supervised by AEC and Price Waterhouse and a very witty chap then prepares the final wrap up to announce the final awards.

I'm still on a buzz after the run chase at the Gabba, so I'll have a go at kicking the thread off and posting the initial threads for nominations.

And the defending champions are:
The Sam Worthington Award for best avatar – Fatprop (and his selection of
The <insert sponsors name> award for the Thread of the year – Clyde Rathbone’s battle with depression
The Lee Grant Award for the Most Knowledgeable Poster/Blogger – Scott Allen
The Oprah's Book Club Award for poster you always want to read – Bruce Ross and Lee Grant (tied).
The Dingospeak award for most confusing poster – thierry dusautoir
The Cyclops Award for most one-eyed poster – Slim 293
The Nathan Sharpe Award for poster you want to buy a beer – Rugby Reg
The Yellow Scarf of Friendship for best international poster – Bardon
The Joe Ansbro and Alasdair Strokosch joint award for constantly butting heads – Slim 293 and everyone
The Honey Badger Meat Pie award for funniest poster – Cat_A
The Michael Hooper award for Rookie of the Year – Bardon
The Gold Scarf Award for poster of the year – Cyclopath and Lee Grant (tied)

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/2012-forum-award-results.12349/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>

I'm still on a buzz after the run chase at the Gabba, so I'll have a go at kicking the thread off and posting the initial threads for nominations.

<snip>

Nah, , can't do it. I need to have a mod start the initial folder in "competitions" called "G&GR Scarf Awards 2013"

Once that is done by a mod then, I (or anyone else inclined) can create the initial nomination threads for each of the categories above to kick the process off.

Mods, work your magic.

What an absolute corker of a game of cricket tonight.

For about 300 microseconds, I was almost feeling sorry for the Soap Dodgers, but then normal service was resumed.

It has been a long tough summer for them.:) Shame. Life is tough. Get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.