• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Noriega announced as new Wallaby Scrum coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
From PR

The Wallabies have appointed former international tighthead prop Patricio Noriega as national scrummaging coach following the departure of Trevor Woodman.

Noriega played 25 Tests for Argentina before moving to Australia, who he represented in 24 Test matches in an international career that spanned from 1991 to 2003.

The 37-year-old retired as a player in 2004, and will now look to impart his vast scrummaging knowledge on the current crop of Wallaby props, as well as future Australian front row prospects.

The Australian scrum has long since been an area that other international sides have looked to target as a potential weakness, and Noriega's appointment displays the Wallabies' intent continue to improve at scrum time.
Patricio-Noriega_2315780.jpg

Apparently he's been there for a week already

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pato always reminds me of Roy & HG's nickname for Glenn Lazarus: "The Brick with Eyes".

Though in this case its "The Brick with Beard"

:lmao:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'd say The Fuse has been channeling Pato already. Looking mean has never been his problem...
3617.2.jpg

Scotty

David Codey (61)
When I say 'looking mean', I don't mean looking constipated.... :lmao:

Where as when I look at that shot of Noriega I take a step back from the computer.

F

formeropenside

cyclopath said:
I'd say The Fuse has been channeling Pato already. Looking mean has never been his problem...
3617.2.jpg

ZOOLANDER!!!

Look its Blue Steel!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
fp, that's what I was thinking - straight into a national role? Oh well, if there's any human in the world who deserves that kind of shot it's the brick with beard.

Pato has the kind of bone structure that makes you go: "I'm in trouble here."

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Scotty said:

Where as when I look at that shot of Noriega I take a step back from the computer.
I think the photographer took his steak sandwich - you know how Argentines feel about a good bit of beef!
I'm pleased about this - despite the fact he has not coached at this level. He knew his beans. Just wait now for the Kiwis to hoot about how we can't produce ANY of our own coaches. At least with Axel we had that.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Wallabies have appointed former international tighthead prop Patricio Noriega as national scrummaging coach following the departure of Trevor Woodman.

How long was Woodman there for? What did he do? I must've missed his arrival.

R

Red Beard

cyclopath said:
Scotty said:

I think the photographer took his steak sandwich - you know how Argentines feel about a good bit of beef!
I'm pleased about this - despite the fact he has not coached at this level. He knew his beans. Just wait now for the Kiwis to hoot about how we can't produce ANY of our own coaches. At least with Axel we had that.

You cant produce any of your own coaches! HOOT! HOOT! There Ive said it now. Was it worth the wait? :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.