• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby Season 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
4 rounds in the pro12, and a few important battles left for the top 8.

Glasgow sit on top with 60, points difference separate Ulster and Munster on 58, and Ospreys in 4th with 56, Leinster on 52 in 5th. Home semis and playoffs in general to play for.

The battle for Europe continues too. Connacht and Edinburgh have nothing separating them on 43 points, while the Scarlets sit in 8th with 40. Games between the top 8 remaining are (italics between top 5):

Round 19
Connacht v Ulster
Edinburgh v Munster

Round 20
Ulster v Leinster
Connacht v Glasgow

Round 21
Ospreys v Glasgow
Ulster v Munster

Round 22
Connacht v Ospreys
Edinburgh v Leinster
Glasgow v Ulster

With Leinster still involved in the Champions Cup, Gunners and Connacht still in the Challenge. Scarlets easy run, and the increased loads of Edinburgh and Connacht suggests they've clinched the Champions cup spot, while the top 4 is a bit up in the air. Exciting 6 weeks coming up.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Some great games this weekend saints wasps was a cracker for a few reasons and even if it was for sarries that entrance at wembley was impressive
Now to watch the Toulon Toulouse game

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Leinster beat Bath playing Matt O'Connor's unique brand of puke rugby. Still, one English team out, three to go. I will piss myself if no English sides make the semi finals.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Seems that Ben Teo is stringing a few games together for Leinster now? Is he going any good?

Must've been pleased to get a win over Sam Burgess.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Teo was alright yesterday, didn't see too much of the ball. Judge him next season anyway, MOC has turned Leinster from a team playing like the Tahs to a the Bulls in 2009, except the Bulls back then were good and this Leinster team is squeezing out games from big match players playing out of their skins up front. I couldnt give a crap if Leinster don't win, I was so used to that back back before Cheika came along and managed us. Its just seeing a Leinster team looking afraid to attack that kills me.

Clermont are another class this year, even though they're almost like another Toulon, I actually like Clermont. Something about their fans and their brand of powerful flair. Its what France should be playing like, its essentially flair for modern rugby. They deserve it this year, and whats the odds on them perhaps beating Sarries by even more than Sarries beat them last year in the Semi? Boot on the other foot and a team wanting to send Rougerie off on a high.

Can't stand Toulon, Williams not seeing yellow and on top of that scoring the decisive try while he should of been off summarises how much I can't stand this team. Its one thing to play smart, but when you combine it with a clown of a manager and a team that contains Felon Armitage blah. I'll be hoping Leinster roll back the years in the semi and ruin them at the Mayol.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
The two men who own Gloucester rugby 'club' have put it up for sale. How sad that an organisation with that much history can become a glorified penis extension.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
I'd rather Toulon win than f'cking Saracens. An all French final in front of a couple of dozen men and a dog would suit me very well.

I was at the final last year. Toulon are a fantastic bunch, up there with Clermont fans for me. The Saracens fans had a few ****s in it. Had to go to a McDonalds after Whetherspoons ran out of food which was a bad call to begin with. Bunch of the started calling some wee little Welsh girl serving them a slow b**** etc to her face and talking down to her etc. That's only the latest I've seen from them.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I see that someone at Bath has finally twigged to the idea that Sam Burgess might be a no 6.:rolleyes:
Bath have always seen him as a 6, it is Lancaster who has put pressure on for him to play in the centre. I don't think he will play in this RWC in the back row, he might make the next one though.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Bath have always seen him as a 6, it is Lancaster who has put pressure on for him to play in the centre. I don't think he will play in this RWC in the back row, he might make the next one though.

He was never going to realistically going to play in RWC 2015 in the backrow. Long term he could be a top line player for them at test level.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Warren Gatland may be on very thin ice. This statement from WRU Chief (Gareth Davies) is very close to the "He has the full support of the Board" which we all know is the irreversible confirmation that they have reached Step 3 of the Coach sacking process.

"Warren has got a contract until 2019 so I’m confident he’s going to fulfil it,” said the former Wales captain [Gareth Davies].

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wru-chief-confident-warren-gatland-9036453?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Warren Gatland may be on very thin ice. This statement from WRU Chief (Gareth Davies) is very close to the "He has the full support of the Board" which we all know is the irreversible confirmation that they have reached Step 3 of the Coach sacking process.

"Warren has got a contract until 2019 so I’m confident he’s going to fulfil it,” said the former Wales captain [Gareth Davies].

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wru-chief-confident-warren-gatland-9036453?

Code: if we don't finish in the top 4 of RWC, he's gone.;)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)

Gatland was very open in his admiration for Roger Lewis who has just departed as head of Welsh rugby. He is entirely right as well, Roger is one of the best and bravest administrators Welsh rugby has had which can be seen in the run enjoyed by the national team, that he has brought in central contracts and that the regions, riven as they are with naked self interest, hated him. Gatland stuck his head above the parapet, said it exactly as it is and will probably lose his job as a result, another "victory" for the regions.

jphil99

Frank Row (1)
I think Gatland is targeting the Lions job in 2017 so he would want to stay with Wales until at least then in order to improve his chances. What happens after that depends on Wales' performances on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.