• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby Season 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
La Rochelle 19- Stade Français 19. La Rochelle play a positive, expansive style of rugby - more like an Aus/NZ team. Gret to see them doing reasonably well in their first year up in Top 14. These guys deserve to stay up. Currently 10th and need to keep this going.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I think Gatland is targeting the Lions job in 2017 so he would want to stay with Wales until at least then in order to improve his chances. What happens after that depends on Wales' performances on the pitch.
He is gone if the Wale don't get out of the group, especially as he was the coach who allowed the team to get so low in the rankings.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
La Rochelle 19- Stade Français 19. La Rochelle play a positive, expansive style of rugby - more like an Aus/NZ team. Gret to see them doing reasonably well in their first year up in Top 14. These guys deserve to stay up. Currently 10th and need to keep this going.

They've been in the Top 14 previously.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
They've been in the Top 14 previously.

Yes, but up and down, this is their first year back up. They've only ever stayed one year and gone straight back down. At the moment they're 10th, so just clear of the relegation zone. Staying up in that first year is quite difficult, this time they got some corporates on board and went much harder recruiting than they have in the previous incarnations. They have a 1st class facility and their academy set up is also top class - and they go right down to under 6s.:)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
The English clubs are refusing to release foreign players for the RWC until August even though English players are being released in June. Petty, small minded langers, the lot of them. Another reason why I hope Clermont humiliate Saracens on Saturday.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Is this guy for real?

Saracens boss Mark McCall:
"I thought the effort and many, many aspects of the performance were phenomenal.
"We made Clermont play a game that they didn't really want to play.
"The game was on a knife-edge all the way through. We made maybe a few too many errors at crucial times, but in terms of the big things that we judge ourselves on, we were magnificent."

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Tough luck for the Viscount Wonderhair and his Leinstertainers today. Mike Ross had another cracking shift and Cian Healy, when he wasn't squabbling with Balkies the Bond villain, was very good. Irish rugby is not in a bad place.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Leinster did fantastic today. They played to their capacity in their current set up. That is they're strong in the forwards and they really humbled Toulon here. Thats no mean feat with the likes of Guirado, Hayman, Bakkies, Williams in the tight. Won a couple against the head, a few scrum pens, dismantled their lineout.

Defence was outstanding, Toulon were rarely ever in the Leinster 22. The only issue is their midfield is just not there. Its a shame I like the players in there for who they are, but Gopperth is a bit exposed at this level. Put Sexton back at ten for next season and theres a team there, especially with Te'o.

Clermont aren't poor by any means, but for all thats good about rugby I hope they obliterate Toulon. They don't deserve to be the first three in a row team. I can't stand Boudjellal he's such a little kid. I can't stand how Toulon fans throw papers in the air when they're about to win a game to rub it in, theres a huge amount of ****'s in that team from Felon at 15 to Bryan "yellow card him!" Habana.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Agreed - not only did the English cheer squad of Kay and Austin mention the anomaly in commentary, but also the more disinterested English pairing of Harrison and Barnes gave it air the following day.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Wales fullback Lee Byrne forced to retire due to shoulder injury
Hate seeing lads forced to retire early, Declan Fitzpatrick the Ulster and Ireland prop had to pack it in last week. That said both of them are lucky compared to Scott Williams who has just come out of hospital but faces life in a wheel chair.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
They are giving away pairs of tickets for next weekends Nigels cup final. That is right, giving away two tickets to watch Clermont V Toulon. International rugby doesn't have too much to worry about in terms of paying supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.