• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NPC Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Manawatu 13 lost to Wellington 36
Bay of Plenty 31 beat Otago 20

Think that's a good one for those picks of mine PB :nta:

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scorz said:
Manawatu 13 lost to Wellington 36
Bay of Plenty 31 beat Otago 20

Think that's a good one for those picks of mine PB :nta
Thanks bru, still struggle to get mine because I cant get on TSF but I think we all went the same root. Still two tippers short WtW & Mulck but we playing the Cantabs and they are also one short.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ja look like that but I am not sure that I maybe have pick Otago. Look like Otago are in some kind of kak altho the BoPigs look like they are in great shape this season.

Heres hoping our Kaito lot put up a big score this weekend and it look like Jury's fancy boytjies lot is in for a tough Shield one after we snotted them last weekend..

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Southland have never beaten Auckland in Provincial competition, but if ever there was a chance to see that record and the Ranfurly Shield go to the deep South, this is it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
With the All Black players out it do look like there is not much between your province. Only Wellington and look like they have real debt.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
PaarlBok said:
With the All Black players out it do look like there is not much between your province. Only Wellington and look like they have real debt.
Will all change next year as the new boys come through from age group comps perhaps, but yeah Welly and the Cantabs have the depth for now. Auckland isn't where they should be with the talent pool available, Waikato are being internally political in selection and screwing themselves apparently. Otago relies on Uni students that play rugby, which isn't working because those guys bugger off overseas these days.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Auckland snuck home vs Southland 13-9.

Harbour got whipped by the Cantabs 9-36.

Tasman smashed Northland 31-10. :angryfire:

Waikato play Counties tomorrow.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scorz said:
Tasman smashed Northland 31-10. :angryfire:
TR should be in 7 heaven. :eek:

Watching now WP vs Cheetahs 17-18 at half time to the good men and a lot of handbags throwing around. Schalk yellowed. ::)

A

Alis Choice

Good win for the red'n'blacks last night. It will take a miracle from one of the other teams to prevent a Welly v Canty final.

Canterbury too classy for Harbour
Saturday, 06 September 2008

Canterbury have put distractions aside to sweep past North Harbour 36-9 in an Air NZ Cup rugby match at Albany.

Canterbury bristled with positive intent as they scored five tries to none and consolidate their second placing behind Wellington through six rounds.

Personnel changes shortly before the game then just 10 minutes into the contest did not impede their progress as they proved much too good for North Harbour.

The match was meant to mark the return of the highly touted Stephen Brett after an injury-enforced absence but team management instead chose to start with Colin Slade at No 10 when Brett complained of calf problems this week.

That also meant Paul Williams was shifted from wing to fullback, where he proved a constant menace on the counter-attack, setting up Canterbury's first try and scoring the second as they went into the halftime break 21-3 ahead.

Canterbury coach Rob Penney was also forced to use reserve Tim Bateman at second five-eighth after just 10 minutes when starting debutant Ryan Crotty was forced from the field with what appeared to be a serious leg injury.

Despite all this Canterbury were a cut above North Harbour in all facets of play and only a plethora of handling errors stymied their progress.

Their accuracy was not what it could have been but their intent was clear, particularly when North Harbour captain and first five-eighth Jimmy Gopperth chose to kick to relieve the pressure on his team.

North Harbour conceded two of the three first-half tries from Gopperth kicks, first when Williams launched a counter for lock Isaac Ross to score and then when No 8 Mose Tuiali'i ran the ball back before wing Scott Hamilton fed Michael Paterson for the big lock to score in the 40th minute.

All North Harbour had to show for their efforts was a 50m penalty from Gopperth, who traded more penalties with Slade after the interval before the tryscoring action resumed through Canterbury wing James Paterson.

North Harbour's defence stiffened markedly in the second half but James Paterson used his pace and clever footwork to create space for himself down the left flank in the 66th minute.

He doubled his haul seven minutes later, this time beating his marker on the outside before veering infield to catch the home side's defenders short again.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4683802a10295.html

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Bloody Harbour :angryfire:
Boy did i pick that result wrong!

Auckland were very lucky to hold off Southland, can really see Wellington cleaning them up in a couple of weeks.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Ash said:
Anyone know how Ole Avei is going? Didn't he signed with Waikato?
Waikato are 2 wins, one draw, 3 losses so far - and the main issue has been a shit tight 5. Not blaming Avei alone though. Most Waikato fans are sceptical about this new coach more than anything.

M

Mainlander

PaarlBok said:
My goodness, just saw Kaito just hold on with a win and the Cantabs tubbling us in the tipping. Bliksem. :angryfire:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Virgil said:
Bloody Harbour :angryfire:
Boy did i pick that result wrong!

Serves you right picking a loss to the great red and BLACKS.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Mainlander said:
PaarlBok said:
My goodness, just saw Kaito just hold on with a win and the Cantabs tubbling us in the tipping. Bliksem. :angryfire:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Lag ma lekker. :-[ Still not the end, if we can just get all our tippers to tip. ::)

Round 7
Naki vs Watu, BoPigs vs Auckland (Jury lets hold tumbs), TR vs Cantabs, Tasman vs Otago, Southland vs Harbour, Wellington vs Kaito (eina), Counties vs HB

Interesting one this.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yesterday Naki beats Manawatu 14-3.

Today its BoPigs vs Auckland & Taniwha vs Cantabs.

Will we get help here with the scores?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Auckland winning 25-20 & Cantabs 5-3. Close games and knew for some reason I shouldnt have picked the BoP lot. :angryfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.