• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC 2016 - Grand Final - NSW Country Eagles vs Perth Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is East Coast vs West Coast in the Bush for the Big Dance of NRC v3.0

Should be a belter of a game, although the Spirit players will have more frequent flyer points than Bronwyn Bishop after 3 cross continent return flights in 3 weeks. Will the travel impact them?

Coming up against the Eagles, resplendent in their Day-Glo Orange Jumpers, some of the Perth boys could be forgiven for thinking they were at Perth Airport watching all the FIFO workers in transit from their projects in the NW.

Wang away folks. It is last chance saloon for the club and provincial game for Season 2016.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Ground looks good too. Scully Park with (supposedly) 11,000 capacity and maybe 1000 under the stand. TV lights.

Scully 5.jpg

7yNtzAq.jpg

mvtRkHx.jpg

53mWgmb.jpg

G_Beard

Stan Wickham (3)
Hammer time!! Spirit to come at this with all barrels firing.
What an absolute cracker of an NRC.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hate to say it, but I think this one will be reminiscent of the 2014 final. The Spirit will be tired from travel and one less day recovery/preparation. Reckon the Eagles will get the early jump, only for the Spirit to come back within less than a converted try, only for the Eagles to step up a gear in the final 30 and take a 14 point win.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If any team can handle flying fatigue, it would have to be the Spirit.
Its what they do.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the Eagles lose Tom Robertson and Tolu Latu to the Wallabies and the Spirit lose Luke Morahan.

Seems unnecessary to take Latu to NZ given he won't play.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So the Eagles lose Tom Robertson and Tolu Latu to the Wallabies and the Spirit lose Luke Morahan.

Seems unnecessary to take Latu to NZ given he won't play.

are they taking him? Are they taking the 31 man squad for a one off game? Seems ludicrous. Just as unnecessary to take Morahan

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
are they taking him? Are they taking the 31 man squad for a one off game? Seems ludicrous. Just as unnecessary to take Morahan

Who knows actually. I guess they're training in Sydney this week and then fly out on Thursday with less than 31 people. You'll be right that they won't take 31 to Auckland.

I reckon Mozza is a good choice as the extra back to take across though. It will help balance out the Eagles losing Doc Robertson.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Strong Spirit team named

PEK COWAN (Wests Scarborough)
HEATH TESSMANN (Nedlands)
JERMAINE AINSLEY (Nedlands)
KIERAN STRINGER (Cottesloe)
ONEHUNGA HAVILLI (Palmyra)
ROSS HAYLETT-PETTY (Cottesloe)
RICHARD HARDWICK (UWA)
BRYNARD STANDER (Nedlands)
RYAN LOUWRENS (Cottesloe)
JONO LANCE (Associates)
SEMISI MASIREWA (Wests Scarborough)
BEN TAPUAI (Wanneroo)
BILLY MEAKES (TBC)
MARCEL BRACHE (Perth Bayswater)
LUKE MORAHAN (Kalamunda)
ANARU RANGI (Nedlands)
LAIONE MULIKIHAAMEA (Joondalup)
SHAMBECKLER VUI (UWA)
GRAYSON KNAPP(Nedlands)
KANE KOTEKA (Wests Scarborough)
MICHAEL RURU (Nedlands)
IAN PRIOR (Nedlands)
ERIC VASUKICAKAU (Cottesloe)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Spirit look stronger on paper I reckon:

NSW COUNTRY EAGLES

Starters: Paddy Ryan (c), Folau Fa’ainga, Sam Needs, Rohan O’Reegan, Tim Buchanan, Sam Figg, Rowan Perry, Sam Ward, Jake Gordon, Andrew Deegan, Alex Newsome, Kyle Godwin, David Horwitz, Reece Robinson, Andrew Kellaway.
Reserves: Luke Holmes, Jed Gillespie, Cam Bentham, Ryan McCauley, Tom Cusack, Mark Baldwin, Tayler Adams, Tom Hill.
PERTH SPIRIT

Starters: Pek Cowan, Heath Tessman, Jermaine Ainsley, Kieran Stringer, Onehunga Havili, Ross Haylett-Petty, Richard Hardwick, Brynard Stander, Ryan Louwrens, Jono Lance, Semisi Masirewa, Ben Tapuai, Billy Meakes, Marcel Brache, Luke Morahan.
Reserves: Anaru Rangi, Laione Mulikihaamea, Shambeckler Vui, Grayson Knapp, Kane Koteka, Michael Ruru, Ian Prior, Eric Vasukicakau.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Losing Latu and Robertson are huge outs for NSW Country.

Presumably the Wallabies team gets named shortly. I wonder if either of them (particularly Latu) are a chance to come back in.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Lance back in's a huge boost to the Spirit. But, will the constant cross-continental travel catch up with them?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Underestimate this Eagles team at your peril. It will take something special to beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe. They have played some brilliant rugby this year and most importantly found something extra whenever the going has got tough.

I know you're more invested than most. Good luck on Saturday!

Go the Eagles!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Good point, they won a couple they deserved to lose,or at least we're under the pump big time.
Which is the sign of a good side.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
NSW Country Eagles vs Perth Spirit in Tamworth
Referee: Nic Berry
Assistant referees: William Houston, Rohan Hoffmann
Television match official: George Ayoub

Status
Not open for further replies.