• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC 2017 Round 4: Melbourne Rising vs Greater Sydney Rams 24/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
National Rugby Championship – Round 4
Melbourne Rising v Greater Sydney Rams
Sunday 24 September 2017
Harlequin Park, Ashwood
Kick-Off: 3.00pm (AEST)

FREE ENTRY

1.00pm – Victoria Country v Melbourne Fiji (Field #2)

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Melbourne Rising

1. Rory O’Connor

2. Siliva Siliva

3. Fereti Sa’aga

4. Steve Cummins

5. Emmanuel Latu-Meafou

6. Jason Havea

7. Ikapote Tupai

8. Rob Leota

9. Nic Stirzaker

10. Jack McGregor

11. Semisi Tupou

12. Sione Tuipulotu

13. Sefa Naivalu

14. Kitione Ratu

15. Jack Maddocks

16. Cameron Mapusua

17. Tom Moloney

18. Pone Fa’amausili

19. Esei Haangana

20. Lloyd Johansson

21. Harrison Goddard

22. Mahe Vailanu

23. Hunter Paisami

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Greater Sydney Rams

1. Jed Gillespie

2. Hugh Roach

3. Robert Lagudi

4. Albert Tuisue

5. Fergus Lee-Warner

6. Kotoni Ale

7. David Hickey

8. Jed Holloway

9. Dion Spice

10. Jai Ayoub

11. Taqele Naiyaravoro

12. Kevin Fuavao

13. Dennis Pili-Gaitau

14. John Grant

15. Cameron Bailey

16. Andrew Tuala

17. Mokani Fuavao

18. Conor Young

19. Sam Thomson

20. Joshua Redfern

21. Stuart Dunbar

22. Mack Mason

23. Waldo Wessells

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Rising are into a strong wind, thos could gonvery bad for Rams in the 2nd half.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Melbourne Rising

1. Rory O’Connor

2. Siliva Siliva

3. Fereti Sa’aga

4. Steve Cummins

5. Emmanuel Latu-Meafou

6. Jason Havea

7. Ikapote Tupai

8. Rob Leota

9. Nic Stirzaker

10. Jack McGregor

11. Semisi Tupou

12. Sione Tuipulotu

13. Sefa Naivalu

14. Kitione Ratu

15. Jack Maddocks

16. Cameron Mapusua

17. Tom Moloney

18. Pone Fa’amausili

19. Esei Haangana

20. Lloyd Johansson

21. Harrison Goddard

22. Mahe Vailanu

23. Hunter Paisami

Just watched a feature about his return this weekend on FB. Completely forgot he did his knee last season and was wondering why we hadn't seen him this season. How's he going out there? Also, what happened to Harley Fox?

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Showing what the rising can do when they keep the ball instead of constantly turning it over. Having said that, a few tackles aside the rams could be putting a bit more pressure on.

26-0 to the rising at oranges.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Sloppy play to open the half.

Cummo, Siliva and Sefa need to get heads in order. Disappointing to see him talking to the ref post try instead of the boys.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Entertaining enough. Rising triumph for their first win for 2017. 41-31.
not sure what you're talking about Highlander. I found the view good for watching rugby at ashwood. Much better than watching it at Skilled stadium anyway..

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Fun game to watch. Roach and Holloway had strong games for the Rams. NRC seems to be big Taqele's optimal level; easily waltzes over a few players and doesn't get exposed in defence as much. Youngsters were strong for Rising as well particularly like that Tupou on the left wing could be our Rieko Ioane in a few years looks like a classy player.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Just watched a feature about his return this weekend on FB. Completely forgot he did his knee last season and was wondering why we hadn't seen him this season. How's he going out there? Also, what happened to Harley Fox?

I thought Rob had a decent first game back, solid enough and good in the lineout. Harley Fox has gone to Connacht.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Fun game to watch. Roach and Holloway had strong games for the Rams. NRC seems to be big Taqele's optimal level; easily waltzes over a few players and doesn't get exposed in defence as much. Youngsters were strong for Rising as well particularly like that Tupou on the left wing could be our Rieko Ioane in a few years looks like a classy player.

I believe that, at 17, Tupou was the youngest player from any team at this year's Under 20s World Cup - he's 18 now. The big lads, Latu-Meafou and Ha'angana are both teenagers as well.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I believe that, at 17, Tupou was the youngest player from any team at this year's Under 20s World Cup - he's 18 now. The big lads, Latu-Meafou and Ha'angana are both teenagers as well.

Ha'angana is the big lock right? If so, imagine how big he'll be when he finishes growing.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Actually Ha'angana came off the bench and I think mostly packed down at No 6. But he is a big bloke all the same, just not as big as Latu-Meafou.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
if Rebels pick Kiitone Ratu and he ends up playing fullback for Rebels with Sefa and Koroibete on the wing, that will definitely be the FASTEST back 3 in super rugby history.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Ha'angana is the big lock right? If so, imagine how big he'll be when he finishes growing.

Yeah, as BR mentioned Latu-Meafou is the larger of the two large gents. As long as he grows up rather than out, he's already 145kgs. Despite his size he is pretty mobile. I especially liked the bit where he jumped over Holloway, AFL style, to take a restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.