• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC 2nd Semi - Queensland Country v western force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Would have liked a home final, but if I am honest, I'd prefer to play QLD Country away than the Canberra Vikings at home. Looking at how good the Country backline is, I hope the Force side have learnt something from last weekend's poor tactical choices.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Enjoying the consistency in selection.
Good team which needs to produce a better result than last week.

44227737_1959204184118321_5619205622886039552_n.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
QUEENSLAND COUNTRY:

1. James Slipper, 2. Effi Ma’afu, 3. Kirwan Sanday, 4. Harry Hockings, 5. Angus Blyth, 6. Angus Scott-Young, 7. Tom Kibble, 8. Caleb Timu, 9. James Tuttle, 10. Hamish Stewart, 11. Chris Feauai-Sautia, 12. Duncan Paia’aua (c), 13. Jordan Petaia, 14. Filipo Daugunu, 15. Jock Campbell
Replacements: 16. Richie Asiata, 17. Harry Hoopert, 18. Jake Simeon, 19. Rob Puli’uvea, 20. Harry Wilson, 21. Tate McDermott, 22. Tom Lucas, 23. Patrick James
WESTERN FORCE:

1. Harry Lloyd, 2. Heath Tessmann, 3. Kieran Longbottom, 4. Fergus Lee-Warner, 5. Jeremy Thrush, 6. Tevin Ferris, 7. Chris Alcock, 8. Brynard Stander, 9. Ian Prior (C), 10. Andrew Deegan, 11. Rod Davies, 12. Rodney Iona, 13. Henry Teafu, 14. Brad Lacey, 15. Jack McGregor
Replacements: 16. Feleti Kaitu’u, 17. Cameron Orr, 18. Chris Heiberg, 19. Leon Power, 20. Henry Stowers, 21. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, 22. AJ Alatimu, 23. Clay Uyen

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hey, I really hope that Country win this this but there is a little "fight against the machine" in me that thinks wouldn't it be good for the Force to go all the way. All the way.

Doing alright Force if you have a died in the wool Qld-er confused on loyalty.

In the mean time, Slipps to crush the front row, Blyth and Hocking are finally going going to show their muscle, AS-Y is going to have a blinder and the awesome Country back line is simply going to rip.

Country by 12. God I wish I was up in Qld tomorrow to see this live. You blokes who can get there, lucky, lucky bastards.

PS got to love the Force promo vids, Reds do alright as well.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Dru, I am predicting a real battle in the front row. Slipper (at TH?) against a real up and comer in Harry Lloyd at LH for the Force. Slipper will have size and experience on his side, but I don't think Lloyd has been bested at scrum time during the whole of the NRC. It will certainly be a test for him in this game.

EDIT : Just noticed James is listed to play LH. Maybe they won't have the opportunity of going head to head.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Dru, I am predicting a real battle in the front row. Slipper (at TH?) against a real up and comer in Harry Lloyd at LH for the Force. Slipper will have size and experience on his side, but I don't think Lloyd has been bested at scrum time during the whole of the NRC. It will certainly be a test for him in this game.

EDIT : Just noticed James is listed to play LH. Maybe they won't have the opportunity of going head to head.

Yeah it's s bit odd that they have been swapping Slipper around, though if I recall correctly he packed at TH irrespective of the number in an earlier game?

Should be a cracker.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Woohoo Petaia scores at 1 min30.

A couple of nice nice hands at 9 and 10 on the back of a ruck turnover.

Stewart misses the conversion by mm from far out on his bad side. Looked good though.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Earlier Force chose to run it rather than exit from the 25.

Stewart takes the kick and exits - awesome clearance to the 50.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Force dropped the first line out. First scrum.
Slipper packing at LH.

Scrum roughly parity.

In general play Slipper is looking pumped. I'd add Longbottom is a beast.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Injury Tuttle gone after a great start. McDermot gets 70mins.

Big change in complexion of the Country attack though.

Yeah well, that just destroyed veiwing pleasure. Second YC to Force. Possibly deserved but not rugby with 13 v 15.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Who does this ref think he is, Wyatt Earp?

Two yellows in the first ten minutes doesn't bode well for much of a contest.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
Ridiculous yellow card, pretty silly to appoint a QLD ref educated at Nudgee College for a QLD v interstate final - surely someone from NSW would be more appropriate

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Ridiculous yellow card, pretty silly to appoint a QLD ref educated at Nudgee College for a QLD v interstate final - surely someone from NSW would be more appropriate

Really?

Anyhow, first time for Force get the ball in QLD's half they make good ground before turning it over. Got to get better at the cleanouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.