• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Draw 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Few spanners in the work next year with the RWC..

Queensland Premier Grade has been moved earlier by 2 weeks, has the same been done for the Shute Shield? This will allow the NRC to start 2 weeks earlier and avoid the NRC finals clashing with the RWC finals.

Any opportunity to host NRC matches as curtain raisers to test rugby again?

T

TOCC

NRC operating concurrently with the RWC is unavoidable, the point is that if the NRC were to start on the same date as 2014 then the 2015 NRC Finals would be on the same weekend as the RWC semi and grand finals. If the Wallabies make it through to the Grand Final, then the NRC finals will be lost in the media coverage of the RWC.

QLD Premier Grade has shifted 2 weeks earlier, Super Rugby is finishing earlier, so there is a window there to start the NRC earlier and avoid clashing with the RWC Finals. The only question is whether the Shute Shield has also shifted their draw 2 weeks earlier.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
If the NRC starts 2 weeks earlier there is a possibility for one double header in Sydney, Bledisloe 1.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
If the double header match were a Sydney derby (which would be ideal) I guess Homebush could count as either a Rams or Stars home game. Maybe they should pit them against each other. Personally I'd rather see Rams vs Eagles, the 2 best NSW teams but in saying that there's next to no chance that I'll be forking out for a Bledisloe ticket anyway after going to all the Waratahs home finals ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.