• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC onwards and upwards

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Spot on, it's ridiculous how they ignore customers ready and willing to pay.

Since I moved to London I haven't been able to see a single NRC game live, why the hell aren't they playing the Brisbane city home games out of Twickenham for me?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Well, they can at the very least lift the geo-blocking BS.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Spot on, it's ridiculous how they ignore customers ready and willing to pay.

Since I moved to London I haven't been able to see a single NRC game live, why the hell aren't they playing the Brisbane city home games out of Twickenham for me?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Probably because you're stupid enough to post something like this so they've written you off as a moron.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Bloody hell, there's too much push selling in our community already with cold calling on all sorts of topics from call centres, unending emails emanating from the use of loyalty cards etc. When I want a rugby fix, I want to do my own searching for information. I am dead against having unwanted matter being thrust upon me willy nilly.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Bloody hell, there's too much push selling in our community already with cold calling on all sorts of topics from call centres, unending emails emanating from the use of loyalty cards etc. When I want a rugby fix, I want to do my own searching for information. I am dead against having unwanted matter being thrust upon me willy nilly.
That's not really how it works.

Through Facebook I get alerts that the Women's 7s or the U20s Super Rugby etc. is live now. I don't get alerts for content I don't subscribe to.

I don't think it is unreasonable for the ARU to focus their content through the most used sites in the world like Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
They're using the methods that most people use to access content.

If they're going to focus on a particular area it makes sense to use the platforms that push content to users rather the a website which is entirely passive and only engages people who actively seek it out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It shouldn't be a big deal to push Facebook updates to their websites. Once it's set up they can forget about it. One stone, two birds.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm the customer. I'm the one who needs to be reached by the organisation.

The customer is always right.

Umm is where most of the customers are - and fact is particularly for younger demographics - they are on social media. Hence, greater investment made in social media etc to distribute content. Yes I am not on social media sites like Twitter or Facebook myself but sometimes will venture there purely because I know where more frequent and regular updates made and sometimes specific content only posted on those sites because of reach.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Anyway, on the performances of the Drua so far. Hopefully, they are all the encouragement World Rugby to look to set a combined team Samoa/Tonga/PI team based somewhere in Australia or a nearby island.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Honestly, I'm hoping that 'Twiggyball' takes the current NRC structure and just adds a few teams to bring it to 12. I tend to think that it would provide a solid structure to build and grow from.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Honestly, I'm hoping that 'Twiggyball' takes the current NRC structure and just adds a few teams to bring it to 12. I tend to think that it would provide a solid structure to build and grow from.

\ As targeted at tier 2 level competition I don't think that is the intent...Rather once proved its success integrated with Super Rugby post 2020 where it becomes Asian Conference. I honestly believe that is the intent with idea for new integrated comp to make it run over longer period than current Super Rugby to attract more dollars and hence better players. I think what you will see is NRC will exist but remain tier 3 competition and important one as far as providing pathways.
My only probably with my theory on this is - yes Force and Fiji sides could see as Super Rugby quality - but sides based out of say Sri Lanka, HK and Singapore perhaps not.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
\ As targeted at tier 2 level competition I don't think that is the intent.Rather once proved its success integrated with Super Rugby post 2020 where it becomes Asian Conference. I honestly believe that is the intent with idea for new integrated comp to make it run over longer period than current Super Rugby to attract more dollars and hence better players. I think what you will see is NRC will exist but remain tier 3 competition and important one as far as providing pathways.
My only probably with my theory on this is - yes Force and Fiji sides could see as Super Rugby quality - but sides based out of say Sri Lanka, HK and Singapore perhaps not.
Just saw ad for rugby 10's with the honey badger...seriously this guy is such a cult figure and now high profile with his tradies ads. First thing to do with twiggy sponsorship money is allocate some of this to honey badger ads promoting the nrc...the guy is such a marketing machine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

The streaming of games is too problematic still.. my preference is to stream it via the FoxSports app on my AppleTV.. but sometimes FoxSports update it and the game is listed to stream, and other times it isn’t, there’s no consistency.. so then I’m trying to AirPlay it from a phone, but it drops out intermittently. It shouldn’t be that hard to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T

TOCC

So point scoring this season... has there been any drastic change with the standard point values been implemented?

I think there’s been an increase in the number of penalty goals, but number of tries scored seems to be holding fairly constant

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Anyone got the feeling NSW really need to go down to 2 teams? Can't compete with limited prep time, only 3-4 pros and virtually no super rugby starting players, (perhaps Kellaway the exception).

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So point scoring this season. has there been any drastic change with the standard point values been implemented?

I think there’s been an increase in the number of penalty goals, but number of tries scored seems to be holding fairly constant

I am pleased the general attacking intent not gone. Consistently high scoring games which is interesting. Lack of defensive focus due to new combinations of mix of some club players against Super Rugby players....not sure reasons........

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Anyone got the feeling NSW really need to go down to 2 teams? Can't compete with limited prep time, only 3-4 pros and virtually no super rugby starting players, (perhaps Kellaway the exception).
I suppose it depends what we want from the NRC. I don't see it as a showcase of existing Super Rugby players, more a chance of emerging players to move up to the next level. The Rising have the best model where they have heaps of last years 20s to see how they step up. Also fringe players get a chance to move up. The big problem in Sydney is that they keep chopping and changing our teams to the point that no one really cares who win because they don't know who they supposed to be aligned to. Having a single dominant Sydney team wouldn't help development in my opinion.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
After today, I'm hearing you.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I have facetiously posted on another thread, but I really agree with you. Having NRC teams with a good number of Super Rugby players, eg Vikings, Spirit, hasn't caused those sides to be lax in developing up and coming talent as well. In fact, I think the new players probably get a lot more out of playing with higher standard players than from playing against them.

The problem would be how to structure the support for the two NSW sides. Would the Country team survive and how would it be fed with a proper number of Super standard players. What's left? Would the Northern teams be happy playing for Greater Sydney? Or should it be Sydney North and Sydney South and West? Then what happens with the Country side?