• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 1 Western Force v Qld Country

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't read too much into the crowd.
  • First weekend after the local club rugby final
  • Fathers' Day weekend means many out of town for a weekend with Dad.
  • No sense of Western Force fans being jaded.
  • Forrest has already announced that GRR is happening in 2020 (just dotting Is and crossing Ts)
The two comments after "suspect" are a bit like "when are you going to stop beating your wife?"

No facts but let's sow the seeds of doubt.
Rugby in WA is doing fine - despite RA's best efforts.
(and don't believe a word that Castle has to say.)

Hi Forcefan

Facts have dipped a little this year compared to last year for recent exhibition games and that is certainly facts and not speculation. I accept the more dramatic dip for yesterdays game is for reasons you outline. I just hope we get news soon on what is happening with GRR next year. And yes even though crowds dropped off a bit which only natural given 2 years not being in proper competition I would actually say impressive the drop off not been greater which does bode well once GRR hopefully gets going next year.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
I know the commentators loved Paisami, and ill give him 10/10 for effort, but I thought he hogged the ball a bit and he didn't use his outside man as much as he could have. He is clearly a crash-ball type player, but needs to be able to pass the ball and give the wingers some ball, especially when you have the likes of Dagunu and Campbell in the back 3

Paisami plays for City.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Haha, that’s what happens when you watch 4 games in one day...
but yes same comment still applies for Paisami, just with different players around him

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
Noticed crowd for this game at UWA down on what usually get.suspect WA rugby public starting to get jaded on fact WF not in any proper compettion after 2 years. I hope GRR going ahead for 2020 as otherwise drop off will be much worse then what seen this year.

Numbers were down at the start of the game (as seen in the video highlights posted previously) but picked up during the game. That might have been due to RugbyWA Juniors finals being held the same day, and also the NRC game started 30 minutes earlier than local Premier Grade. If you check the glimpses of the crowd towards the end of the highlights you can see the crowd has grown (albeit not the biggest we've seen on Phil The Hill).