• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Canberra Vikings v NSW Country Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3pm on Sunday 4 September @ Viking Park.

Any GAGRs heading along and interested in helping us out on covering it? Please let me know.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NSW COUNTRY EAGLES TEAM TO FACE UC VIKINGS

1 PADDY RYAN (C)
2 TOLU LATU
3 TOM ROBERTSON
4 NED HANIGAN (VC)
5 TIM BUCHANAN
6 SAM FIGG
7 ROWAN PERRY
8 SAM WARD
9 JAKE GORDON
10 ANDREW DEEGAN
11 ALEX NEWSOME
12 KYLE GODWIN
13 DAVID HORWITZ (VC)
14 REECE ROBINSON
15 ANDREW KELLAWAY

16 JED GILLESPIE
17 FOLAU FA’AINGA
18 SAM NEEDS
19 RYAN MCCAULEY
20 MARK BALDWIN
21 SAM CROKE
22 TAYLER ADAMS
23 ANGUS ROBERTS

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
UC Vikings (1-15)

Sione Taula, Josh Mann-Rea, Allan Ala'alatoa, Blake Enever, Sam Carter, Tom Staniforth, Jarrad Butler, Jordan Smiler, Joe Powell, Nick Jooste, Lausii Taliauli, Jordan Jackson-Hope, Andrew Smith, Henry Speight, Robbie Coleman.
Reserves: Robbie Abel, Faalelei Sione, Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin, Rory Arnold, OJ Noa, Dean Oakman-Hunt, Brent Hamlin, Isaac Thompson.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not a bad looking pack by NSW Country either. Expect it to be a closely fought match between two of the top looking sides this year.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^^^i hope the bookies agree with you!
If they give anything like reasonable odds on the Vikings,I'll be having my max bet on them :)

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Awesome Eagles front row, with a great back 5 for the Vikings, this should be a beauty.
Thought the Eagles weakness last week was Deegan at 10 (apart from his goal kicking) interesting to see if he can turn it around.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Awesome Eagles front row, with a great back 5 for the Vikings, this should be a beauty.
Thought the Eagles weakness last week was Deegan at 10 (apart from his goal kicking) interesting to see if he can turn it around.

Seemed a little overcome may be even overly nervous with the increased tempo and physicality. Perhaps trying a little too hard to find some rythmn at times. There were glimpses of the player we saw this season in the SS but a bit inconsistent.

Hopefully with his first game under his belt he can relax a little and let his game do the talking.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Vikings are done.

I'm calling it, Coleman's lads to take the toast rack this year.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Best game of the round so far. Vikings struggling with the line speed of the Eagles alongside their added physicality compared to QldC.

Status
Not open for further replies.