• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Fijian Drua v Western Force

B

Bobby Sands

Placid been good acquisition for the Force.as has Joost who has had another good game this week. Having the Force as another pro side (albeit NRC level) means a lot of these players have been able to play in a professional environment that many would otherwise not had the opportunity to (e.g Deegan).

The Force under their current model is essentially an elite academy & pathway system for the Super Rugby sides.

Ie a professional environment and competition for players who can't get a contract that enables them to a better platform than club rugby for development and avenue to regain a professional contract.

It is actually a really great thing, and potentially even an accidental new pathway layer that was much needed.

While not ideal for the Force, I think Twiggy will be pleased that his players are being picked up as it shows that the Force program is very valuable.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Force under their current model is essentially an elite academy & pathway system for the Super Rugby sides.

Agree, but the "current model" changes with the establishment of the Global Rapid Rugby competition in 2019 and growth therafter.

This is certainly the case as there will be no Super Rugby as we know it beyond 2020.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I'd give Stander the man of the match

gjfYSA3.jpg

McGregor on crutches?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
These Comms are cringe. A little research cant go amiss surely. Talking up Kiti Ratu on the wing even though its Byron Ralston, Tuatara-Morrison at 13 as well. Its like they have last weeks call sheet.

And to repeatedly say that the defending side gets the feed to the 5m scrum when the attacking side is held up - just where do they get these wankers?

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Excellent to see the Western Force win the first two game of NRC 2019.
Very good effort to defeat last years finalists - including Fijian Drua in Fiji.
The Drua won every game at Home last year.
Should be able to make the win count 3/3 with this week's fixture against a poorly performing Rising at Home (Perth).
(Except I recall last year the penalty count against the Rising in Perth was WF ~20:0 Rising up to half time under Angus Gardner)
I wonder who the Ref will be??