• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Stars v QLD Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
QLD Country Team named:

Bond University Queensland Country side to face the Sydney Stars on Thursday, 27 August.
Name – Club/Region
1. Haydn Hirsimaki – Sunnybank/Sunshine Coast
2. Campbell Wakely – University of Queensland/Gold Coast
3. Sef Fa’agase – Reds/University of Queensland/Beaudesert
4. Phil Potgieter – University of Queensland/Toowoomba
5. Richie Arnold – Bond University/Gold Coast
6. Maclean Jones – University of Queensland/St George
7. Conor Mitchell – University of Queensland/Sunshine Coast
8. Jack Cornelsen – University of Queensland/Gold Coast
9. James Tuttle – Reds/GPS (C)
10. Sam Greene – Reds/Brothers
11. Izaia Perese – Easts
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Reds/GPS/Rockhampton
13. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Reds/Souths
14. Tom Pincus – University of Queensland/Gold Coast
15. Jamie-Jerry Taulagi – Reds/University of Queensland

16. Alex Mafi – Reds/Bond University/Gold Coast
17. AJ Campbell – Easts/Gold Coast
18. Reuben Leilua – University of Queensland
19. Milton Sikuea – Bond University/Gold Coast
20. Tyrell Barker – Easts
21. Scott Gale – Reds/University of Queensland
22. Dion Taumata – Bond University/Gold Coast
23. Matt Gordon – Easts/Toowoomba

Fainga'a offf with Country and Radike not playing. Paia'aua comes in for Matty Gordon, I'm guessing to provide a bit more of an attacking option (although I though Gordon ran well on Sunday).

Watch out for MacLean Jones on the side of the scrum. Big hitter.

T

TOCC

Anyone going to this match? I was thinking about heading out to Leichhardt to watch it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Country will be hoping that Hanson isn't playing. Like last week with the inclusion of Fainga'a, Hanson will singlehandedly dominate through the middle of that scrum. Waiting game for QLD Country

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Anyone going to this match? I was thinking about heading out to Leichhardt to watch it..

I'll be there.

Few established Super Rugby players in that country team.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1. JEREMY TILSE (SYDNEY UNI)
2. JAMES HANSON (MELBOURNE REBELS)
3. TOM ROBERTSON (SYDNEY UNI)
4. ANDREW LEOTA (SOUTHERN DISTRICTS)
5. MATT PHILIP (SYDNEY UNI)
6. DAVE DENNIS (SYDNEY UNI)
7. DAVID HICKEY © (SYDNEY UNI)
8. PAT MCCUTCHEON (SYDNEY UNI)
9. JAKE GORDON (SYDNEY UNI)
10. ANGUS ROBERTS (SYDNEY UNI)
11. HARRY JONES (WARRINGAH)
12. ANDREW ROBINSON (CANBERRA VIKINGS)
13. JIM STEWART (SYDNEY UNI)
14. HENRY CLUNIES ROSS (SYDNEY UNI)
15. TOM KINGSTON (VC) (SYDNEY UNI)

16. TOM COOLICAN (SYDNEY UNI)
17. AL RYAN (SYDNEY UNI)
18. MATT SANDELL (SYDNEY UNI)
19. ROHAN O'REAGAN (SYDNEY UNI)
20. OFA FINAU (BALMAIN)
21. RICHARD DRAPER (SYDNEY UNI)
22. JORDAN MCGREGOR (SOUTHERN DISTRICTS)

23. JOHN HALE (BALMAIN)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
On the performance of both teams last week this could be a good 'un. Pair of quality front rows, enough Super Players to ensure some good structure, both have some dynamic backs and a good halves pairing.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So
On the performance of both teams last week this could be a good 'un. Pair of quality front rows, enough Super Players to ensure some good structure, both have some dynamic backs and a good halves pairing.

Already said I couldn't seen many S15 guys in Country. I'm not seeing too many in the Stars either. Though Hansen is easily worth the (low) admission price.

But that could just add to the interest with the level of up n comers on display. Looking forward to it. I'll be bringing two mates. Three to add to the crowd. :)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's not dominated, but it's a sprinkling.

JJT, CFS, Paia’aua, Greene, Gale and Fa'agase all played Super Rugby this year, Tuttle and Mafi are signed for next year.

Tilse, Hanson, Dennis, McCutcheon, Stewart are Kingston were all contracted players this season as well, plus Gus played in 13 & 14, and Coolican is an international for the States.

It's not Super B whichever way you put it, but there's a lot of players who've been in and around high quality set ups before, performing to good standards or simply have a lot of potential

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Henry Clunies-Ross is also a Waratah (2015) not sure about next year. Tom Robertson is signed to Tahs Eps, Sandell, Gordon and Harry Jones are on transition contracts at the Tahs for next year. And I think Phillip has been in Tahs training squad before too. All up 7 Super players plus 4 for next year. 1 former Tahs training member and 1 USA Eagle.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There's some exciting young players with a tonne of potential in the QC (Quade Cooper) team that will hopefully lift Queensland rugby out of the doldrums over the next few years as they mature into seasoned professional players.

The Stars have some grizzly pro players wearing single digits who will be out to show the young bucks why they are the Alpha Males of the Herd, and what the young'uns need to do to attain that status.

In the Hairdressing Department, both teams are lacking experienced pros, and there will be more risks taken and flair attempted than on display at World Skills 2015.

If Referee Cooper lets the game flow and judiciously plays advantage, the purists may not like it but there will be plenty of points scored in a fast paced but rather inaccurate game.

Should be a cracker to watch on the Tele.

T

TOCC

Weather is looking fine, a few clouds but nothing too sinister..

Is there anywhere to park at the ground? I might just watch it from home.

T

Train Without a Station

I watched a game there last year. Ample Parking close to the gates.

T

TOCC

Ok ok, il assess once i get home and see home much time I have..

Driving from the eastern suburbs to the inner west during peak hour isn't an exciting experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.