• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 3: NSW Country v Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NSW COUNTRY EAGLES:
1. PADDY RYAN (C), 2. MAHE VAILANU, 3. HARRY JOHNSON-HOLMES, 4. JED HOLLOWAY, 5. TOM STANIFORTH, 6. NICK CHAMP-DESCRISEPNAY, 7. WILL MILLER, 8. SAM WARD, 9. JAKE GORDON, 10. MACK MASON, 11. ALEX GIBBON, 12. APOLOSI LATUNIPULU, 13. ALEX NEWSOME, 14.JALINE GRAHAM, 15. ROHAN SAIFOLOI
REPLACEMENTS: 16. CODY WALKER, 17. TOM HORTON, 18. ROB LAGUDI, 19. EMMANUEL MEAFOU, 20. PATRICK TAFA, 21. SAM FIGG, 22. MICK SNOWDEN, 23. HARRY POTTER

MELBOURNE RISING:
1. FERETI SA’AGA, 2. ANARU RANGI, 3. JERMAINE AINSLEY, 4. ESEI HAANGANA, 5. TREVOR HOSEA, 6. ANGUS COTRELL, 7. RICHARD HARDWICK, 8. ROB LEOTA, 9. MICHAEL RURU, 10. ARCHIE KING, 11. TOM ENGLISH, 12. BILLY MEAKES, 13. SIONE TUIPULOTU, 14. KITI RATU, 15. JUSTIN MASTERS
REPLACEMENTS: 16. ANDREW TUALA, 17. MEES ERASMUS, 18. LAWRIES WEEKS, 19. ISI NAISARANI, 20. IKAPOTE TUPAI, 21. HARRISON GODDARD, 22. KEMU VALETINI, 23.FABIAN GOODALL

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A bit of Eagle shuffling in the backrow and backline. Love the name Champ-Descrisepnay. Can he play?

For the Rising they have benched big Isi and rotated their bench props.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Figgie Smalls back for the Eagles! Great to see!

I wonder if HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is playing tight head because the Waratahs are thinking that he's more likely to work for them as a reserve THP behind Kepu next year and eventually taking over as the starter? He played THP in the under 20s and I think he is far more developed as a pro rugby player than Vui right now.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Figgie Smalls back for the Eagles! Great to see!

I wonder if HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is playing tight head because the Waratahs are thinking that he's more likely to work for them as a reserve THP behind Kepu next year and eventually taking over as the starter? He played THP in the under 20s and I think he is far more developed as a pro rugby player than Vui right now.
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) does a huge amount of work in open play as well as being able to prop either side. Tahs need to start giving him more time. Not just the last few mins.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) does a huge amount of work in open play as well as being able to prop either side. Tahs need to start giving him more time. Not just the last few mins.

I agree. He only averaged 12.5 minutes per game in 2018. I think that will rise substantially in his second season and probably moreso as reserve THP where Kepu doesn't (and shouldn't) play as many minutes as Robertson.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’m in charge of the scoreboard at this today
99600c9b7e272676c4878ec2605817c5.jpg

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Farcical shit here from NSW Country. Who the hell selects these squads? Two massively overrated Props who struggle to do the fundamentals of their positions and backs that cannot do simple catch and pass let alone anything a little more complex.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow had to choose which match to watch and chose qld country vs drua but rising looks like they are finally clicking whilst surprised to see country doing so poorly after last weeks effort and second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.